Computer guru's/whiz's.....I screwed up and need help bad!

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
Ok, so here's what I'm dealing with, and really hoping this is fixable! I have a seagate external harddrive that I back up all my pictures, and music off my computer with. I hadn't backed up my computer in forever, so decided it would be a wise choice to do so. After it finally backing up, I was looking through past pictures, only to realize a few folders of pictures (my honeymoon, engagement pics, etc) are GONE! These pictures never were on my personal computer at home, as I had pulled them off my iPhone and put them on my work computer, then took my external hard drive to work, and put them on there. So, when i scanned my computer at home it didn't see those on my computer, and deleted everything that wasnt recognized. The only other kicker is, the computer at work has since been switched out, so I have no original root of the pictures.

I'm seriously sick to my stomach right now, and so mad at myself that this happened. I hope someone has some good news for me.

Thanks!

TK Doom

Established Member
Assuming they haven't been written over, you can possibly recover them if they were deleted.

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member

I'm trying this right now. I did a scan of JUST the external seagate hard drive first and it didn't find anything. So, I decided to scan my whole current computer to see if they are there for some odd reason. Like a say though, all the folders that I lost, were never on my current machine, just the external, and when I did the backup of my computer, it apparently got rid of the ones that it didn't see on my computer. So frustrating!!!

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I'm trying this right now. I did a scan of JUST the external seagate hard drive first and it didn't find anything. So, I decided to scan my whole current computer to see if they are there for some odd reason. Like a say though, all the folders that I lost, were never on my current machine, just the external, and when I did the backup of my computer, it apparently got rid of the ones that it didn't see on my computer. So frustrating!!!

Make sure you use the correct settings so it knows what to look for and where. I know there is a deep scan option and of course make sure it knows to search for photos.

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
Just an update from all this. I figured out halfway through my scan that all the pictures I was missing were still in the history folder of everything was was put on the external drive since it was new. So, I just drug them back to "my pictures" folder on the external so they were with all my others.

My wife and I were looking through pictures, I clicked back to go to another picture and wham, all the ones that were missing were once again gone, and I "wasn't" doing a backup. So weird as to what's going on. But low and behold they were still in the history.

Users who are viewing this thread