Computer Build

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
That is why I sell and build a new PC every 4-6 months. spending about the same everytime I build a new one and selling them for about 90% of what the original cost was.

I stay current without taking it up the bunghole.

And as far as years to come - doubt it. 2 years at best maybe for his system?

You do realize people are still able to run Nvidia 400 series cards without an issue in high resolution setups? I'd say mine will be able to easily run for a good 4 years without tinkering with it. The first think to bottleneck in my system would be the 2 4GB GTX680s in SLI, which then I'd just add another GTX680...idk how many games, etc. would call for more than that tbh...especially for an everyday user, this setup will last 5 years. I'm not big on games tbh, I'm using it for CAD, etc. so there's no worries here.

roberthamm

Established Member
You do realize people are still able to run Nvidia 400 series cards without an issue in high resolution setups? I'd say mine will be able to easily run for a good 4 years without tinkering with it. The first think to bottleneck in my system would be the 2 4GB GTX680s in SLI, which then I'd just add another GTX680...idk how many games, etc. would call for more than that tbh...especially for an everyday user, this setup will last 5 years. I'm not big on games tbh, I'm using it for CAD, etc. so there's no worries here.

Well certainly for the everyday user! Hell this setup would last 10 years probably lol.. I'm not talking everyday user and judging by the build you are in no stretch of the term an everyday user.

I am constantly pushing my pc to the limits at any given time I am running 3 RDCs, photoshop cs5, a couple instances of visual studio 2010, SQL server management studio, a kajillion tabs open in each browser (firefox, ie, chrom) and a couple instances of world of warcraft to kill some stress + any number of small programs (notepad++, calculator, pandora streamer, etc).

But if you are wanting to be able to push max FPS at max resolution (which in 2 years will hopefully be 4k) The current set up will probably handle but not be perfect. Thats just what I meant by the 2 year remark. And since your not a gamer then this will for sure go past the 2 year mark for your needs.

Again I'm not bashing you for the build, I am jealous. Just giving my 2 cents and reasons for not spending so much on a desktop :rolling:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Well certainly for the everyday user! Hell this setup would last 10 years probably lol.. I'm not talking everyday user and judging by the build you are in no stretch of the term an everyday user.

I am constantly pushing my pc to the limits at any given time I am running 3 RDCs, photoshop cs5, a couple instances of visual studio 2010, SQL server management studio, a kajillion tabs open in each browser (firefox, ie, chrom) and a couple instances of world of warcraft to kill some stress + any number of small programs (notepad++, calculator, pandora streamer, etc).

But if you are wanting to be able to push max FPS at max resolution (which in 2 years will hopefully be 4k) The current set up will probably handle but not be perfect. Thats just what I meant by the 2 year remark. And since your not a gamer then this will for sure go past the 2 year mark for your needs.

Again I'm not bashing you for the build, I am jealous. Just giving my 2 cents and reasons for not spending so much on a desktop :rolling:

I know you weren't bashing, but I'm not looking to break any benchmark records...I'm not even overclocking as of now. I got it because in 5 years I know it won't limit me on what I cab do in my line of work, other than that I could care less about max FPS as long as it doesn't ghost on me. If FPS was of main concern I'd get TN monitor rather than my IPS monitors for faster refresh rates. My monitors are only 60hz capable due to them being IPS, so technically that'd bottleneck my FPS. Hopefully this thing lasts me 10 yrs lol, like I said my lil ole 5 yr old macbook laptop is still operating flawlessly & even handles Solidworks 2013 like a champ, which really surprised me.

Users who are viewing this thread