Compression Test- Opinions Needed

paxton5.0

Established Member
I am thinking about buying this 03 cobra and the current owner had a compression test done today. The results were from 130psi to 150psi. The car has 90k miles on it. How are these results for a cobra with this kind of mileage? The car seems to run very strong, no power loss is detectable driving the car.

paxton5.0

Established Member
This is what I have

ScannedImage-7.gif

CWD

Established Member
6-7-and 8 are the first to go! I guess what you'd expect from 90k miles! Be prepaered to spend some$$$ IMO

spincobra03

Established Member
if it aint knocking beat it.

cant say i agree with that! HA. your doing thr right thing, but I would call ford to find out what is acceptable for each cylinder. I know there are some guys on here that know what the right parameters should be, hopefully they will chime in. good luck

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just did a comp test on my motor a few months ago, and everything was 155-160 across the board. The main thing to look for is for everything to be close (within 5-7 psi) because there are different variables that will cause different readings in different motors. But seeing a couple 130's and a 150 would make me think that there are problems burning.

-Jeff

03cobramanIII

Banned
how are you all compression testing? cranking with key with fuel saftey swicth on trunk [rapped on?] so fuel pumps wont run or what ?

Users who are viewing this thread