Compound/polish recommendations for PC7336

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I'm starting to get my detailing cabinet stocked back up and blow the dust off my PC7336. What's the go to compound/polish now for use with a PC?

I've got some Menzerna Intensive Polish and Micro Polish already but could never get good results with the IP. Some suggested it was my PC being the weaker of all the available PC's and all my pads were 6.5" pads. As much as I would like a Flex, I can't really justify the added cost as there is nothing wrong with my PC and I will only be using it maybe a few times a year. I am making the switch over to 5.5" pads now however.

So with all that said, what is the most user friendly cutting compound or polish to use with my PC?

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
Not that I am a pro by any means. But all the research I have done point to the M105/M205 compounds. Id give those a whirl as most that use them stand beside them. If I was you I would check out the "junkman2000" on youtube. Great Info there!

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I wouldn't say M105/205 combo is the most user friendly as that is one of its weaknesses but it is a good overall product. There are better but for the user they work just fine, research how to use them properly to eliminate dusting, sling, wasted product, etc and go from there. If you have opinions on other products that your are interested in trying then post them up here and we will give you our thoughts on them.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
I just did my grandfathers Audi and the thing looks like it came off the showroom floor. I didn't find M205 to bad as some have said. I found it quite easy to work with and the dusting was minimal. M105 is very very easy! The final looks great

What are some other choices better the M105/M205?

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I found M105 to take a lot of practice, as in by the end of the first car I did I was finally getting the hang of the right amount of product and working time, when to spritz the pad, etc.

M205 is a piece of cake.

OU812

Established Member
Megs has a new compound that's made specifically for the DA style buffers that I've been wanting to try out, from what I've been told it's a M105/205 combo that's easier to use for us PC guys. Lethal used it on their GT500 detail and it looks good, check out the thread on here.

George Wax

Established Member
I wonder if you are talking about Meguiars Ultimate Compound. Very easy to use with PC which will yield an excellent cut along with almost no dusting.

Users who are viewing this thread