compound boost... whos running it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I run the Hellion Compound set-up on my GT500 and am pretty happy with it. We have made 1200rwhp on E85. I've street raced a TT termi that makes over 1100 and spanked him. The compound set will far exceed the straight tt set up on the street and the track with a stick car.

The car has also ran 9.49 at over 150 on radials. Most of you guys probably know my car.

In my opinion the compound set-up is far superior. Peak hp means shit if the other car is out 10 cars on you.....you'll never catch it!!

Ironhand

Banned
I run the Hellion Compound set-up on my GT500 and am pretty happy with it. We have made 1200rwhp on E85. I've street raced a TT termi that makes over 1100 and spanked him. The compound set will far exceed the straight tt set up on the street and the track with a stick car.

The car has also ran 9.49 at over 150 on radials. Most of you guys probably know my car.

In my opinion the compound set-up is far superior. Peak hp means shit if the other car is out 10 cars on you.....you'll never catch it!!

Yes "Zeus". Most of us know you and your car. :beer:

fastmustang70

Established Member
I love my compound boost way better then i was just turbo on my street car and car weighed 3840 with me in it and runs 9.59 at 143 allday ever day And thats with a 6speed

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
when i turbo build is done i will see how the car drives. i however may eventually pick up a used whipple and see what happens with both...

but for now i need to finish one build before i start another.

cobrasvt57

Established Member
compound boost?

I love my compound boost way better then i was just turbo on my street car and car weighed 3840 with me in it and runs 9.59 at 143 allday ever day And thats with a 6speed

What size turbo are you running? Are you running a really large A/R on the rear?

cobrasvt57

Established Member
boost numbers?

First off nice car i've been following you for a while and congrats on the few items used to reach your goal.I wanted to ask you i see you run a larger pulley on the eaton and also changed up the compression of the engine.So my guess was you wanted to use more of the turbo boost and a little less of the charger which probably helped drop your IAT a few ticks.How has this effected the car and if you dont mind how much has it picked up with these changes?
Later
joel

fastmustang70

Established Member
I am running a 76mm gts 96ar Im going to put a t6 88mm on the car i thing i can got for 8s maybe in a full weigth street car and have no lag what so ever fun fun theres pics of the set up on here just searh my name. my boost is set at 26psi total

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
Ported Eaton + Twins + E85 + Killer Chiller will =

110% Win. ;D

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
that ladies and gentlemen, is the perfect example of what not to do. not to mention that poor cobra! no person should be allowed to treat a mustang with such disrespect and lack of pride!

Agreed. That thing was a pile of crap and a poor example of a compound boost set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread