Completely Fully Built 2012 GT FEELER/TRADE

Dave5.0

Established Member
I might want to sell or trade my monster.

Clean title in hand.

2012 GT with 17K original miles. ENORMOUS list of mods. Done RIGHT. Paint is in EXCELLENT condition, as is the interior. It's a 402a package. I put in addition to the $38K sticker over $30,000 in the car. It's fully built for the street or a road coarse track. I've driven countless Exotics (430 Scuderia, Gallardo, etc) and I can say without a doubt this car will take turns faster and sharper.

So far, here are my mods (from what I remember so far)

Engine/Drivetrain -

Fully Built 5.3 liter Livernois block with Billet Pump Gears ($9,000)
Ford Racing Whipple 2.3L Supercharger running 14psi (Makes 730RWHP)
Kooks Long Tubes
Borla Touring catback (its LOUD, trust me)
JLT CAI
Cobra Jet TB
AFCO dual 10'' Heat Exchanger
ID1000s
JMS BAP (not running out of fuel)
Mcleod RXT Twin Disk
Dynotech Driveshaft
Barton Short Throw with bracket
Others I probably cant remember lol

Suspension/Brakes

Custom Cortex Racing/JRi coilovers ($5,000)
Fays2 Watts Link
LCAs
Front and Rear Adjustable Steeda Sway bars
Steeda RSB Endlinks
LCA Relo brackets
GT500 Front Strut Tower Brace
Chassis Bracing
Wilwood front and rear 6 and four piston Big Brake Kits with cross drilled rotors (Red Calipers)
ATE Super Blue Fluid

Exterior/Interior

19x9.5 RTR Wheels on all four corners with 90% tread Hankook R-S3 tires
Boss 302 front splitter with CS/Boss Fascia
CS Style Pedastal spoiler
2013/14 Tail Lights
GT500 rear valence
Metra dash kit (two touch screens)
Kenwood DNX6190 Double Din
Kicker KS68 door and rear deck speakers
Mach500 subs
Boss 302 Alcantara suede steering wheel

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff, but you get the gist.

Not really interested in selling right now, but I'd like a trade.

I'm looking for any of the following (as my next project car)

C6Z06
E92 M3
C63 AMG
GTR (Plus cash on my end obviously)
M6 (Must be low mileage)
NO TERMIS
NO TERMIS
NO MUSTANGS

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rabee

Established Member
Dave, after all of those mods you did and you also stated this car handles better than some exotic italian cars and now you want to get rid of it? Or traded in with the cars listed above!!

Why man??!!

See here is my problem, I was never a mustang fan, never had one, but I got the Boss 302 for being a "race" car with a license plate and then I realized that the Boss, as all other S197 was born defective and needs suspension mods to compliment its super great engine. So when I see people like you, spending so much money to enhance the handling of the S197 Mustangs then turn around and get a proper, born healthy, sports car like Z06, it kind of upsets me, because I do have conflicts and reservations about the S197 platform.

Dave5.0

Established Member
Dave, after all of those mods you did and you also stated this car handles better than some exotic italian cars and now you want to get rid of it? Or traded in with the cars listed above!!

Why man??!!

See here is my problem, I was never a mustang fan, never had one, but I got the Boss 302 for being a "race" car with a license plate and then I realized that the Boss, as all other S197 was born defective and needs suspension mods to compliment its super great engine. So when I see people like you, spending so much money to enhance the handling of the S197 Mustangs then turn around and get a proper, born healthy, sports car like Z06, it kind of upsets me, because I do have conflicts and reservations about the S197 platform.

The chassis is one of the BEST platforms for road racing. The actual rigidity of the chassis is truly excellent.

The stock dampers and springs are awful. That's the car's biggest suspension flaw. An S197 with Koni Yellows and Springs handles on rails.

This is why you always see S197s dominating their road racing classes. American Iron? Chris Cobetto?

There's tons of S197s in the top echelon of their respective classes.

Your Boss 302 also comes with hideous dampers stock. Once changed out, it's a completely different beast.

Dave5.0

Established Member
Sorry for the late response. I am TRADING because I just want something different. When I get something different, I will build it the same.

I don't have any action on the track, sorry /:

I will say however no matter the speed, it does not lose any composure.

Users who are viewing this thread