Complete Ultra High End Kenwood and JL Audio Stereo System

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I recently purchased a new mustang, and it has an unbelievable stereo system installed. To be honest, this is a complete waste on me, as I tend to not utilize the radio much. I figured there might be some folks on here that are looking to upgrade their stereo, and I would be able to give them a killer deal off retail price. Now I obviously don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff, so other might be able to chine in. It is installed currently in an 03 Mustang. So all the connections and mounting fit perfecting in this body style.

The head unit is a Kenwood DNX9140 So what I know about it is that it has DVD, Garmin Navigation, TV-tuner, Xm, bluetooth, Ipod and USB access. And it all works. It also has the parking brake bypass, so my boys watched DVD's the whole way home from picking up the car. Everything looks brand new, as it has only been in the car for about 2 years. The Garmin was just updated with new maps. Bluetooth, Ipod, and USB work great and are controlled through the head unit when plugged in. Remote control works perfect.

The door and rear speakers are JL-audio C5 with electronic cross-overs. They sounds great!

The sub woofers are JL-audio 8" W7 mounted in a custom box to maximize the sound and that fits perfect in the trunk, pushed all the way back in the narrow section.

The front and rear speakers are driven by a JL-Audio 350 RMS x4 Slash Serious V2 amp and the sub woofers are driven by 1000 RMSx1 Slash serious V2 amplifier.

The entire system is wired with what looks like huge monster cables, and wired professionally to a Kinetik car auto stereo battery with proper fuses and such. The entire installation looks extremely professional. According to the previous owner, the whole stereo complete was over 6K invested.

Just trying to get some baseline prices to start with, I looked each item up on eBay.

Kenwood DNX9140 between $600-800
JL-audio C5 with electronic crossovers $350-450 for a pair
JL-audio W7 $900-1100 a piece
Custom Mustang Box $100-200
JL-audio 300 RMSx4 Slash series V2 amp $300-500
JL-audio 1000 RMS x1 Slash series V2 amp $500-600
Kinetik Audio Car battery $150-250

And who know how much in cabling, fuse boxes, mounting hardware, etc

So based on those prices to put all this together one would be looking between $4050-5050 off eBay, which seems appropriate for a system that is a few years old that cost over $6000 new.

I would really want to sell everything together, in one big package. I realize that finding somebody that wants to spend this kind of money on a stereo is far and few between, but I know they are out there.

As far as starting price, knowing the condition of the stuff I own verses what you can get off eBay at times, I think it would be fair to start in the mid-range of the eBay prices and go from there. $4550

Now if somebody has stock stuff out of their mustang, We could work that into the trade, as I would like something to listen to every now and then when the wife is in the car.

I can take pictures of anything if there are people interested. I am not on here all the time, so don't hesitate to shoot me an email or give me a call.

[email protected]
(513)939-9925

Let me know what you guys think.
Mike

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
This is really best offer, I have no idea what the true value of this kind of equipment is. I know electronics depreciate quick, but I also know it is worth more than a few hundred bucks.

achamb7

Established Member
Interested in both amps if you decide to part out. PM me a price for both and each individually.

ETA:Also let me know if you are interested in any trades

Users who are viewing this thread