Complete Iphone pricing released:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
So $199.99 for 8 gig and $299.99 for 16 gig is for upgrade or new customers.

If you're not eligible for upgrades then its:

$399 for 8 gig and $499 for 16 gig.

Retail pricing is

$599 for 8 gig and $699 for 16 gig.

Data plan is $30 a month instead of $20 a month.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Isnt it true that if you have a 2.5g iphone and are not eligible for an upgrade that you can still get the new 3g phone for 199(8gb) 299 (16gb)?

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Wait, it's only 199 if you already have AT&T? That makes no sense, since the iphone has always been a flat-rate price with or without a plan.

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
Wait, it's only 199 if you already have AT&T? That makes no sense, since the iphone has always been a flat-rate price with or without a plan.

Its changed this time around as AT&T is subsidizing the cost of the iPhone. The data plan went up, and revenue sharing w/ Apple is now gone also. So if you'd like a new iPhone, plan to get raped on your monthly charges.

edit: heres all the pricing info
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/07/01/atandt-announces-iphone-3g-pricing-plans/

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Its changed this time around as AT&T is subsidizing the cost of the iPhone. The data plan went up, and revenue sharing w/ Apple is now gone also. So if you'd like a new iPhone, plan to get raped on your monthly charges.

edit: heres all the pricing info
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/07/01/atandt-announces-iphone-3g-pricing-plans/

Raped?? Howso? It has the same Data feature as the regular smart phones.

Why would you buy the Iphone without wanting the data feature?

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Lol @ retail pricing

Why pay $600 when you can sign up for AT&T, pay $199, pay $70 for a month of service, then cancel. How much is the ETF? $200? That still only puts you out $480...

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
Raped?? Howso? It has the same Data feature as the regular smart phones.

Why would you buy the Iphone without wanting the data feature?

Im not saying I would get it without data, but their $70 plan(the cheapest) is a measly 450min, and doesnt include text. So add on text, and youre at ~$90 for data, text, and 450min. That just seems to much to me.
But on that same note, i pay ~$20/month on an employee plan, so all those plans will seem too much to me :p
edit: their unlimited text is $20, 1500 messages is $15, just for reference

Last edited:

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Im not saying I would get it without data, but their $70 plan(the cheapest) is a measly 450min, and doesnt include text. So add on text, and youre at ~$90 for data, text, and 450min. That just seems to much to me.
But on that same note, i pay ~$20/month on an employee plan, so all those plans will seem too much to me :p
edit: their unlimited text is $20, 1500 messages is $15, just for reference

The one thing that you aren't taking into account is rollover. That's why AT&T is pricier than other companies. I have accumulated 1,800 free minutes in my first year with AT&T. I can't complain.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
The one thing that you aren't taking into account is rollover. That's why AT&T is pricier than other companies. I have accumulated 1,800 free minutes in my first year with AT&T. I can't complain.

Yeah and AT&T keeps higher prices because we can. It helps keep out bad debtors that kill other companies.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member

How many minutes do you have? I would doubt heavily if anyone would be able to rack up rollover minutes with a measly 450 to start with.

The service itself is more of a premium thing only for iPhone users. Thats why it's high. Kind of bullshit if you ask me, but for the price someone pays for that, I get 1000 minutes and 1500 text with Verizon. To keep out debtors, thats funny.

Last edited:

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
im kinda considering going to at&t, although verizon has never caused me any problems, i only really use a phone for text and internet/web/music/etc... ive got a work sprint/nextel phone with unlimited minutes ;) ive currently got a Motorola Q and 2 gig card, the thing is a pos, although i think im up for upgrade sometime this or next month... would it be worth it for me to switch to an iphone, or should i pick up a new verizon phone that is comparable, i get 20% monthly discount with verizon and 18% with at&t.

sorry if im somewhat o/t, this seems like a good thread to ask this question...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
How many minutes do you have? I would doubt heavily if anyone would be able to rack up rollover minutes with a measly 450 to start with.

The service itself is more of a premium thing only for iPhone users. Thats why it's high. Kind of bullshit if you ask me, but for the price someone pays for that, I get 1000 minutes and 1500 text with Verizon. To keep out debtors, thats funny.

Um People with a higher monthly income are less likely to default on their wireless.

Our high deposit amounts also keep it clean.

Users who are viewing this thread