Complete engine, whats it worth

10sec89

Established Member
I usually am only on the Terminator page, but came over here for help.
I got a buddy wanting selling a complete 97 Cobra engine. Has everything intake to pan, even still has the belts and coil packs. I am interested in it for a fox body project but neither of us know what a fair price would be. It has 71k on it and it ran great.
So what do you think would be fair to both parties?

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
if you guys are that good of friends then be carefull money isnt worth a good freind ,after that being said i just bought a 96 cobra for 6000.00 with 56,000 miles on it and i was thinking that the whole running gear was worth about 5,000 so im going to say 3000.00 but mabe im way out of touch .maby 2500 for bff price? you need computer and all sensors and such right do you get those too.i was kind of wandering what one would go for myself ,well see what everyone else thinks

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Not really!!
Look around youngsterster can get a Lincoln motor for 6 or 8 hundred and only real difference is the crank, but, even it is capable.
I treat them all as cores, especially with friends, with The full intention of pulling the pan to verify condition, along with the heads.
This way if you just do the plug and play, engine blows no big deal.

Last edited:

CamCobra10

Established Member
$1200 is a steal, I sold my tranny for $500 to help out a friend, so your telling me $700 for the complete motor, the teskid block and crank are damn near worth that alone.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Sold my smoking shortblock for 500...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Tyler72

Established Member
I think $3000 would be a fair price for engine, trans, wiring, & PCM. Especially if you can hear it run, drive it, etc. Plus you can help pull it out & make sure no wires are cut & you get all of the connectors & pig tails that you need to do your swap. It would be convenient for sure, & personally, that is worth quite a bit to me.

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Now that seems like you got taken to the cleaners. They're worth more than that.

I had it for sale on here and locally for 4 months and it was the first offer I got. Needed room for my terminator swap. I even had it for sale with it still in the car to be driven.

It's fun to talk about how much they're worth but they're only worth as much as they can be sold for.

Users who are viewing this thread