Complete 6R80 setup for 2011-12 3.7L

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
SOLD

I am selling my 2011 Mustang's 6R80 6 speed AT complete. This is a used transmission obviously. there are zero problems with this unit, I am swapping this transmission out for an MT-82 from a 13 pony This week coming (on Tuesday Jan 14th, 2014)

This is a complete setup. On your end there if you are swapping out an MT there is no modifications needed it is a direct bolt up swap. Items to be included are the following.

6R80 6 speed transmission (With TSB 11-11-11 already done)
Gear selector and bezel
Full AT engine wiring harness
Brake pedal assembly
AT brake reservoir (removes extra fitting from clutch hydraulic hose)
Vacuum line from Trans to air intake (if applicable)
Flexplate
Converter
Applicable bolts and fasteners that come with this.
PCM (Just need to clear the vin data, and Odometer which can be done with IDS and clear PATs key data and add your own keys.

Total would be $1750 shipped. This is a good deal for absolutely everything. ($1600 transmission & all relevant parts + $150 shipping)

The PCM will need to be cleared of all vehicle data from my car using Fords IDS software, your Vin, mileage and Trans type will need to be entered, and if you have stock 2.73 gears you will need to flash the stock strategy on that pcm as the current stock is for 3.31 gears.

This is a stout transmission and can even update it will heavy duty clutch packs now capable of handling any power you can dish if you are going to hard core track it.

This is a direct swap as stated you reuse your existing drive shaft, transmission mount, engine plate, starter, and brake pedal switch, everything is reused. Clutch pedal and cruise control disable pigtail gets removed from under the dash or just tape it up and out of the way and the transmission through the wiring harness and PCM deal with the neutral safety switch and cruise control cut off. You will need to plug the hole in the firewall where the clutch master cylinder goes through.

It is about a 8 to 14hr job.

Transmission is currently in the car and running, it is scheduled to go into the shop for the swap this month, as stated I will have it pulled and truck shipped anywhere in continental US. Approximately 4-10 days delivery after pulled from car (depending on zip). Also note truck freight often needs to go to a business. All fluids will be drained from Unit (transmission and converter) for shipping purposes.

Good opportunity for someone who is looking to drag, or just swap it out. Any other use in other vehicles is the buyers responsibility I only state it will work in 2011-12 V6 models.

I have recent videos on my you tube channel showing operation per request. I do not have any pics, its in the car but I have plenty of recent vids etc so you can see operation its in 100% super condition, as stated and of course posted in forums I am doing the AT to MT swap on my ride so. I am just looking to recoup some of the labor costs for my swap so I am selling this at a decent price and will work on payment with anyone in the forums if needed. I am in no rush to sell it as it can sit on a pallet in my basement =) I figured I got a good price for the MT-82 I will pass that along as well... Any questions post reply or send me a PM... I would like to get this sold asap so I can have the shop box it up in the crate my swap came in and have them ship it directly from there so I do not have to lug it home etc. =)

Last edited:

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
Can a moderator move this over to the 2011+ Mustang GT and V6 parts Buy/Sell section I clicked the wrong forum area =) thankies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread