Complete 03 Cobra Engine

ModMike

Modular Maniac
Established Member
Ok, I'm sure I will get a lot of questions about this engine so here is the background. I had a buddy wanting to build an 04 Mach 1 a couple of years ago and he had me help him source an engine. I bought this engine from a place called Engines Direct. It was brand new and beautiful when it arrived. Well, my buddy didn't want to just modify the existing wiring to make the engine work in his car. He wanted to have all Cobra parts to swap. He ended up buying a Cobra PCM, PCM harness, wiring harness, etc etc. He go the car together and never could quite get it to run right. Eventually, he became too frustrated with the car. I ended up buying the whole car from him at this point even though I already had a couple of projects going and really did not need the darn thing. But, I got a good deal on the car so I took it. Now, I really do not need this engine as I already have one making over 600 hp in my 03 Mach 1. There is nothing wrong with this engine and it comes just as you see it in the pictures. It has dyno time on it, and maybe 200 miles if that much. As stated before, it was pulled from a failed project. My first order of business when I got the car was to remove all the Cobra wiring from it to see what the heck was making it run like crap. What I found was a terrible job of someone trying to make a dual pump setup out of the stock Mach 1 basket (mismatched pumps and shoddy wiring) and when I began testing the wiring I found three breaks in the engine wiring harness. I have since repaired the wiring and put it all in a box but this engine needs a good home. I do not have to sell it, I am not hurting for money. But, it is taking up space and could be put to good use by someone. As for the car, I plan on putting a stock motor back in it and selling it since I already have a 10 second car. Any question feel free to ask. The heads are NOT 9 thread. Price is $6,0000. I am located in Swansboro, NC and hopefully someone local will want it so I don't have to ship, but willing to ship at buyer's expense.

I'm not sure how to insert the pics into the thread so you can see them on here but, here are links to the pics I put on photobucket:

http://s942.photobucket.com/user/micldon/media/IMG_1131_zps6660e638.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

IMG_1133_zpsda09e7af.jpg Photo by micldon | Photobucket

http://s942.photobucket.com/user/micldon/media/IMG_1132_zps51d41e84.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

IMG_1134_zpseadf7dca.jpg Photo by micldon | Photobucket

IMG_1135_zps21986811.jpg Photo by micldon | Photobucket

IMG_1136_zps20d63bed.jpg Photo by micldon | Photobucket

Last edited:

ModMike

Modular Maniac
Established Member
If anyone can teach me how to post the pics up so they show here in the thread that would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to figure it out, but so far no luck. Thanks.

Last edited:

failsatheals

Established Member
IMG_1131_zps6660e638.jpg

IMG_1133_zpsda09e7af.jpg

IMG_1132_zps51d41e84.jpg

IMG_1134_zpseadf7dca.jpg

IMG_1135_zps21986811.jpg

IMG_1136_zps20d63bed.jpg

B]

FoMoCo08

LSX Slayer
Established Member
BUMP For a good deal this engine is very sound ! I've personally seen it, seller is very straightforward and great to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread