comparison/installed pics of my Meziere Electric Water Pump

code3smith

Established Member
Last Friday I had the Meziere Electric Water Pump installed. I took some pictures comparing the stock water pump to the electric one. I also took a few pics of it installed. As you can see, its quite noticable the difference between the pumps. Its clear the Meziere moves more than the stock pump. It was wired to my ignition so that when I turn the key to the run position, the pump starts. I am right at the edge of 500rwhp and I was looking for something to push me over. It certainly feels like this will do the trick. Hopefully I will get a chance to dyno it soon. The only other thing that changed since my last dyno was putting the Bassani x-pipe on, so I should have a pretty good idea of how much power I gain when I go back. On to the pics.

pump1.jpg

pump2.jpg

pump3.jpg

pump4.jpg

pump5.jpg

pump6.jpg

Last edited:

Established Member
Brandon,
It's Steve. Glad everything worked out for you. By the way can you check if I left anything in the back of the seats for me? Thanks. And get that thing on the dyno!!!

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
I was thinking about the same thing for mine,,Will it hold up well for street driving??

I've always read that electric pumps are more for racing??

code3smith

Established Member
I havent done any real testing on temps yet. But it certainly feels like it freed up some hp, and the needle now sits a little bit lower than it did before after the car warms up. I quoted Meziere below. As you can see, they say it was designed for the daily street driven car. As soon as I get to the dyno, I will know if it was a worthwhile mod.

Hi Steve :) I will check next time I am outside in the car :) Its pouring rain right now.

"The Meziere extreme duty electric water pump replaces the factory high drag, horsepower robbing, factory water pump. The Meziere extreme duty electric water pump provides a solid 17.1 rear wheel HP improvement when compared to the factory pump! This pump was designed with the daily street driven vehicle in mind, and it can also be used on fully equipped racecar. Installation of this pump is identical to the factory pump installation, and can be easily completed in just a couple of hours. This is a direct replacement for the factory belt driven water pump. It comes equipped with a freewheeling billet idler pulley, allowing retention of the stock belt. It provides an unbelievably constant water temperature under any condition."

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Well now I need to add this to my list,,,thanks:rockon:

Now go get some dyno numbers:thumbsup:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
BTW,
The claimed HP gains are from RPM outlet, not Meziere, I think.

I really don't believe you will see more than 8 or 10 HP gain, and that will probably be on the top end.

This is not to say that it isn't a worthwhile mod, because I do think it is, but just don't expect too much.

Dana

code3smith

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
BTW,
The claimed HP gains are from RPM outlet, not Meziere, I think.

I really don't believe you will see more than 8 or 10 HP gain, and that will probably be on the top end.

This is not to say that it isn't a worthwhile mod, because I do think it is, but just don't expect too much.

Dana

I absolutely agree! I wasnt expecting anything more than that :) Since I am right at the edge of 500rwhp, I figured this would do the trick :beer:

OATS

Established Member
Dana's info was a great help to me during my pump install. I like the pump a lot especially for cool down at the track. However, I have found one item to caution everyone about. If the pump quits or looses power the engine will get extremely hot (overheat) and it will not show on the dash gauge. The only indication you will have is the the classic steam blowing in the engine bay. The reason is the the placement of the temp gauge is not in the engine block but in the return tube. And if the pump quits water is not exiting the very hot engine and registering at the sender to notify the driver. The return tube apparently stays cool while the engine is overheating. Been there, done that. Just a word of warning. Later.

Users who are viewing this thread