Comparison/info on heat exchangers

twawsico

Established Member
I'm considering upgrading the heat exchanger on my '13, getting larger coolant tanks and a 170 deg thermostat.

There's a fair amount of info here about the C&R Super Competition GT500 Dual Pass / Dual Puller w/Fans (56-00001). I didn't find much info on the VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger for comparison, though. Apparently both have 11" SPAL fans.

Any info would be appreciated.

Van@RevanRacing

so what would be recommended for just a cruiser on hot days and the odd rip down the track?

I am currently having one of my Super Competition Heat Exchangers coated with a specialty coating that makes the core even more effective.

Then I data log and see. I can say that we have seen down stream air charge temps with the super competition heat exchanger 15-20 degrees versus a car with similar mods and an OEM heat exchanger.

twawsico

Established Member
I am currently having one of my Super Competition Heat Exchangers coated with a specialty coating that makes the core even more effective.

Then I data log and see. I can say that we have seen down stream air charge temps with the super competition heat exchanger 15-20 degrees versus a car with similar mods and an OEM heat exchanger.

Thanks, Van. I'll be out of town for work for a while soon, so I'm looking at mid-August to early September before I'll be pulling the trigger on a purchase. Do you think you'll have been able to test & log the coating by then? And, if it proves to be fruitful, do you have an idea of the added cost for units you would sell?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread