Comparison between MMR Pro Mod Block and stock 2011-2014 Block

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have been getting alot of questions in regards to our Pro Mod block, this is the same block MMR has used to produce 2000+ HP in a coyote engine. We just wanted to show the main difference in these photos. The MMR Pro Mod sleeve thickness is easily apparent, these awesome ductile Iron sleeves are custom made for MMR and are pressed in and 100% machined by CNC. Dry deck block are also available and suggested for applications making 1500+

Have questions, call anytime!

MMR

MMR Pro Mod Gen2

451555XR_.jpg

Stock 2011-2017 Block (thin sleeves)

stock%20coyote%20block.jpg

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Not to beat a dead horse but you keep saying 2000hp which is the race car & we all know that but is there any real world data on other cars? I know you said you've sold a few to people who may not be into social media but have any of those people pushed 1300-1500+? As far as i know beefcake is only around 1100-1200 which you can still achieve with a sportsman or stock block (at least until they crack lol)

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not to beat a dead horse but you keep saying 2000hp which is the race car & we all know that but is there any real world data on other cars? I know you said you've sold a few to people who may not be into social media but have any of those people pushed 1300-1500+? As far as i know beefcake is only around 1100-1200 which you can still achieve with a sportsman or stock block (at least until they crack lol)

The racecar is "real world data", this is how things are tested in motorsports.

Also the Hellion car uses a MMR Pro Mod Block and made 1249RWHP with a Auto.

Both test cars (the MMR racecar and Dan Hales Coyote powered fox) use the MMR block (among many others), both produce over 1500HP and are both the 2 fastest coyotes in the world - with no failures, the sportsman block and stock blocks however have failures well known and documented. Beefcake is also a great example, he cracked the sportsman block but the MMR block he currently has went though hell with burning spark plugs from detonation and all kinds of abuse, yet is also still intact (cylinders not blown into the water jacket or into the valley). As they say - the proof is in the puddin'.

If you are looking for someones word besides ourselves however here is a link to Dan Hales car written by the person that tuned it:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578050&highlight=coyote

Keep in mind, that car has gone MUCH faster than any other coyote in the world (besides the MMR test car), a quick calculation of weight and MPH shows the car makes well over 1400 RWHP and about 1800 FWHP - there is not a single block in production that has been proven beyond this - not one.

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Every time I see this picture I keep smiling about the direction I chose with my engine build! Btw MMR who usually posts on here mostly for the shop I've been doing most of my questions and orders with Mark but have talked to a few of the other guys a couple times.

Josh

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Btw MMR who usually posts on here mostly for the shop I've been doing most of my questions and orders with Mark but have talked to a few of the other guys a couple times.

Josh

Taylor, Greg and Mark are the ones that post tech and answer PM's most of the time.

Thank you for your order BTW!! :beer: We are just finishing hellions Pro Mod and will move onto yours next. (as far as the coyote engines go)

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
So with sleeves that thick is there any problems with cooling?
Pretty much build a 1500hp street car if I want?

Deespeed99

Established Member
The racecar is "real world data", this is how things are tested in motorsports.

Both the MMR racecar and Dan Hales Coyote powered fox use the MMR block (among many others), both produce over 1500HP and are both the 2 fastest coyotes in the world - with no failures, the sportsman block and stock blocks however have failures well known and documented. Beefcake is also a great example, he cracked the sportsman block but the MMR block he currently has went though hell with burning spark plugs from detonation and all kinds of abuse, yet is also still intact (cylinders not blown into the water jacket or into the valley). As they say - the proof is in the puddin'.

If you are looking for someones word besides ourselves however here is a link to Dan Hales car written by the person that tuned it:

Twin Turbo Coyote Motor With BIG Power - Yellow Bullet Forums

Keep in mind, that car has gone MUCH faster than any other coyote in the world (besides the MMR test car), a quick calculation of weight and MPH shows the car makes well over 1400 RWHP and about 1800 FWHP - there is not a single block in production that has been proven beyond this - not one.

No it's not "real world" data. In todays day with TX2K type events it's not uncommon to see 1500+ HP street cars even if they're not run at that setting/kill mode all the time. A lot of people have high expecations for these cars but there just isn't enough data to prove they can handle those type of numbers. If I remember correctly the race cars block is also half filled as well as sleeved so again that's not showing any data on a daily driven car. Dan Hales car I already know about and is as close to real world data as it gets but even then it only put out 1100-1200HP not 1500+ (correct me if I'm wrong and he has higher numbers not calculated numbers). Also a lightweight fox only needs 1000-1100HP to run 5.20's in the 1/8th. 1400 would be well in the 5.0's or high 4's if he's lucky.

Not trying to get a pissing match or discredit you but you keep flaunting the 2000rwhp number but it's only been proven on 1 car and I have seen no other cars that have pushed 1500HP on it. I like many others want to take the plunge but don't want to spend 3K+ only to have it fail and not covered..

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So with sleeves that thick is there any problems with cooling?
Pretty much build a 1500hp street car if I want?

No problems with cooling, in fact the old rule of thumb was the thinner the cylinder the hotter they run, but again, these engines run identical temps to stock, the Sportsman block when re-released will likely be a copy of the MMR Pro-Mod with the thick sleeves, they will likely leave the cylinder support rib since it is already casted into the block.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If I remember correctly the race cars block is also half filled as well as sleeved so again that's not showing any data on a daily driven car.

Not sure where you are getting this terrible information from, but NOT true, MMR tested both versions filled and unfilled, both handled 2000HP, the cylinder walls showed minor distortion above 1500HP and this is why we suggest filling for VERY high HP applications.

Dan Hales car I already know about and is as close to real world data as it gets but even then it only put out 1100-1200HP not 1500+ (correct me if I'm wrong and he has higher numbers not calculated numbers).

Yes, you are wrong, not sure who is giving you this terrible information, you are forgetting his car is NOT a light fox body, it races in a series and has a weight requirement. The car has also only made 3 passes. We have seen the dyno sheet and we are well aware of the power the car makes at full boost and can assure you it is well over 1400RWHP!!

Bottom line is if you dont believe it, you are entitled to that and we respect it. :beer:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Not sure where you are getting this terrible information from, but NOT true, MMR tested both versions filled and unfilled, both handled 2000HP, the cylinder walls showed minor distortion above 1500HP and this is why we suggest filling for VERY high HP applications.

Yes, you are wrong, not sure who is giving you this terrible information, you are forgetting his car is NOT a light fox body, it races in a series and has a weight requirement. The car has also only made 3 passes. We have seen the dyno sheet and we are well aware of the power the car makes at full boost and can assure you it is well over 1400RWHP!!

Bottom line is if you dont believe it, you are entitled to that and we respect it. :beer:

So this is terrible and wrong too? Says filled...and based on your response above 1500 it should be filled or the walls will distort?

MMR

So i guess this information is terrible too? Is his a filled or
Non-filled block.

Redd Foxx: Dan Hale’s Twin-Turbo Mod Motor ’89 Mustang LX | StangTV

Twin Turbo Coyote Mustang On Low Boost - YouTube

Again these are all valid concerns that i know most wanting what i want would have. No cars out there to show this block is the answer for a DD high HP street car...by high HP im talking upwards of 1400...

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So this is terrible and wrong too? Says filled...and based on your response above 1500 it should be filled or the walls will distort?

MMR

At the time the article was written MMR was testing many blocks, the filled version was in the car at the time, you are forgetting our job is to test and push the limits so that our customers dont have too. Thank you however for posting those great links of the MMR Pro Mod block in action!

And yes, the other links are terrible and wrong LOL- The other article you linked to isnt even the coyote engine LOL - It is his old MMR 4V 03/04 Cobra engine, and we can assure you, we didnt take out a 1100HP engine to replace it with another 1100HP engine! For being such a expert we would have expected you could tell the difference between a Coyote engine and a previous modular, but hey, we will let that one slide :beer:

We dont want to argue with you, we wish you the best of luck with your car, please let us know if we can ever help with anything! :beer:

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
At the time the article was written MMR was testing many blocks, the filled version was in the car at the time, you are forgetting our job is to test and push the limits so that our customers dont have too. Thank you however for posting those great links of the MMR Pro Mod block in action!

The other article you linked to isnt even the coyote engine LOL - It is his old MMR 4V 03/04 Cobra engine, and we can assure you, we didnt take out a 1100HP engine to replace it with another 1100HP engine! For being such a expert we would have expected you could tell the difference between a Coyote engine and a previous modular, but hey, we will let that one slide :beer:

We dont want to argue with, we wish you the best of luck with your car, please let us know if we can ever help with anything! :beer:

Yup, I realized that after i posted it which is why i edited the thread and put the link to the coyote motor dyno...

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yup, I realized that after i posted it which is why i edited the thread and put the link to the coyote motor dyno...

No big deal, like we said, let us know if we can help with anything, and hopefully as more of these engines make it out of our facility you will see more of the street data you are looking for.

MMR

Deespeed99

Established Member
No big deal, like we said, let us know if we can help with anything, and hopefully as more of these engines make it out of our facility you will see more of the street data you are looking for.

MMR

Definitely. Thanks for understanding.

poof100

Established Member
Sorry if I'm dense here, but to summarize, the MMR Pro Mod block is obviously Iron sleeved, but are the jackets also filled, half filled, not filled, or an option? Do you have any pics of the jackets with the full support system and without?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry if I'm dense here, but to summarize, the MMR Pro Mod block is obviously Iron sleeved, but are the jackets also filled, half filled, not filled, or an option? Do you have any pics of the jackets with the full support system and without?

The MMR Pro Mod Block is available filled or unfilled, we suggest filling for applications making 1500+ , but it is not a requirement, simply a suggestion. :beer:

We will see if we have a picture of a filled version......

poof100

Established Member
The MMR Pro Mod Block is available filled or unfilled, we suggest filling for applications making 1500+ , but it is not a requirement, simply a suggestion. :beer:

We will see if we have a picture of a filled version......

Thanks for clarifying, that is what I thought but didn't want to assume.

Definitely would be interested in seeing what is done on the "half filled" versus the full filled jackets, especially for the more streetable version.

** Wow, that filled picture definitely looks race only**.

thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for clarifying, that is what I thought but didn't want to assume.

Definitely would be interested in seeing what is done on the "half filled" versus the full filled jackets, especially for the more streetable version.

** Wow, that filled picture definitely looks race only**.

thanks for the info!

There is really no point to half filling, the strength and structure is required at the top of the bore, 1/2 filling does not offer that structure or any real benefit since all of the cylinder pressure is contained by the top 1" of the bore.

Users who are viewing this thread