Comparing cars

canadiancobra

Established Member
I see a lot of post of people wondering if there cobra will beat a certain car comaro zo6 viper and so on. I was into drag racing for years and i was always told that two cars making the same hp but one car is 700lbs lighter in order for the other car to win he would need 70hp more or 10hp more for every 100lbs of extra weight if all else is the same so i always thought it was farily easy to figger out if the race would be close. My car makes 490 rwhp so about 550 fwhp and is 4000lbs with me in it A new z06 makes 505 fwhp so about 450 rwhp but is 700 lbs lighter I think it would be a close race but i think the z06 might have a slight edge. Is my math all wrong or is this a farily accurate way to judge to different cars

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have no idea about your math but that was very hard to read

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
On paper that works, sure. But in the real world it doesn't mean shit. You have road conditions, track prep, driver skill, all factors that play a role in the result of a race. I've beat a lot of cars that I shouldn't have been able to beat with the power I make.

Last edited:

canadiancobra

Established Member
On paper that works, sure. But in the real world it doesn't mean shit. You have road conditions, track prep, driver skill, all factors that play a role in the result of a race. I've beat a lot of cars that I shouldn't have been able to beat with the power I make.

You are right you never know who will win a race until it is over but atleast you have an idea if the race will be close based on power levels

Users who are viewing this thread