Comp cams stage 1 NSR

milas

Established Member
I'm looking at a possible deal for $600 for Comp Cams Stage 1 NSR cams for my N/A 2014 Mustang GT. Are these cams worth the cost, or are they not even worth it for the effort?

I have a full intake with Boss Airaid, Accufab TB and ported Boss IM and full exhaust with LT, mid and GT500 AB. I was going to tune with AED and know Shaun is really good with NA, but haven't seen anything on the Stage 1 cams.

I was also thinking of putting this on a 150 shot of spray, any idea if it's worth it or not?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

milas

Established Member
This is for a DD, light track duty, but I'd really like to get over 500hp NA, but getting close to that would probably be good enough.

466roller

Established Member
If your getting tuned by AED you may want to look into the new intake cam he and L&M designed. IMO you'll need bigger cams then stage 1's. I recently saw a car dyno 498 with comp stage 3's, CJ man and TB on a Lund flex fuel tune. I'd talk to whoever is going to be tuning the car so that your not wasting money on things they may want changed.

Last edited:

usafimj

Established Member

milas

Established Member
Thanks, checked those out and those are intake only, I have a full set of the Stage 1, and still can't find a single post on the Comp Cam Stage 1 cams. Just thinking for a DD they might be okay but I hate to spend the time and effort only to end up with nothing noticeable. I'll talk to Shaun at AED, but he didn't seem to know the Stage 1 cams either.

noldevin

Established Member
If you're gonna go through the trouble of installing cams you might as well go for something that's going to give you more power. Stage 2 or the L&M cams.

Users who are viewing this thread