comp 106100

bumsoil

Established Member
If I just slapped a set of these in at stock degrees and got it tuned what kind of power would I see. Also if I degree them what would I see?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Several people have been in the 360's with 106100's. Those cams were degreed, but nonetheless its very possible.

Kiohtee

Established Member
These must not be the same cams I'm thinking of then... Sorry for the confusion OP.

YellowSVTCobra

Established Member
I have these cams in mine. They make ok power not degreed. From everything I have read there is so much lost when not degreed. (Why it will be going to NASVT to be degreed). I am sure NASVT will chime in on this.

4valved

Banned
From what I've gathered from nasvt he says that the 106100s gain the same as the 106200s and 106300s... I'd say fet the 100s because you don't need to worry about springs....

bumsoil

Established Member
If I get a good deal on these cams I may get them. Can I drive my car with these cams unturned?

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
I just had them installed in mine a couple of months ago, not degreed. doubt you will get it to run right without a tune. mine is putting down about 330 with these and midlengths, IRMC's wired open and tune. course, mine is a conservative tune too...my daily driver.

Last edited:

bumsoil

Established Member
I just had them installed in mine a couple of months ago, not degreed. doubt you will get it to run right without a tune. mine is putting down about 330 with these and midlengths, IRMC's wired open and tune. course, mine is a conservative tune too...my daily driver.

Do you have any idle sound clips/videos? I want to hear what they sound like at idle without being degreed

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
Do you have any idle sound clips/videos? I want to hear what they sound like at idle without being degreed

none yet, I can try on my camera that has a video function but the sound is not great. I just got a gopro but have not used it yet and have to learn how to use and download. that should have better sound quality. i will try to get something up for you.

bumsoil

Established Member
none yet, I can try on my camera that has a video function but the sound is not great. I just got a gopro but have not used it yet and have to learn how to use and download. that should have better sound quality. i will try to get something up for you.

can wait!
how much of a lope does it have?

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
depends on how low you keep the idle. I had mine lower for more lope, but with the air on, had some stalling issues that way. idle is set higher now, but you can definitely tell it is a cammed car. the lope and the overall sound of the car is different at the higher idle speed. when sitting at a light, the car moves with the idle and the sound of the exhaust is totally different than it was. my friends who have heard it all said how good it sounds. I had an 01 Bullitt that I had HiTech Stage 2 cams in that had a very noticeable lope and these are close. I think these would be considered a stage 1 cam, but in comparison to other videos I have heard of stage 1 cams, these have more lope to them. there are quite a few you tube videos of these cams on the net.

Users who are viewing this thread