Comon... Who can really play "One"?...

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Alright you guitarists... how many of you can really play the full solo to Metallica "One"? I know SVTP is full of badass guitarests as is should be... but how many of you can really rock out to sweet Metallica rock as it shoud be played!!!!?? Lets hear it... comon... you got some sweet stuff Metalllica or not... POST UP!!!!

Paul

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
I used to be able to jam that when I was younger (14), all but the most difficult riff (which I faked quite well I must say). Used to play that and just about every other song by them out at the time. I can only remember how to play a few of them now. My music tastes are the same, but my guitar music selections have changed as I have aged.

lxfiveoh

Established Member
Havent really tried to play it but anything is playable with a little practice, im still stuck on glasgow kiss by john petrucci.

cobraless

Established Member
I used to think that Kirk Hammet's solos were so good when I was young, but the older I got the more I realized they were just decent. They are written very well, just not that complex. Although hes got a couple solos off of Kill em All and Ride the Lightning that are pretty damn good. When I think of a good Rock/Metal soloist I think of Slash. His solos seem to encompass so many different facets of music. Kirk Hammett is known as one of the best because he is in one of the biggest metal bands of all time.. But there are a TON of guitarists that are better imho. I went and saw Buckethead a couple months ago, WHOA!!! He was unbelievable!!

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
I can rip that lead off. Its not that hard. Hammet really just does a very good job of tossing in 3 or 4 techniques in each solo, but its all text book stuff. Nothing too complex.

Paul Gilbert will blow your head off with anything from recent Racer X.

Yngwie also will throw your fingers out for a loop. All of us Randy Rhoads and EVH inspired guitarists will not know what to do when we have to do a sweep arrpeggio and use the harmonic minor scale.

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
cobraless said:
I used to think that Kirk Hammet's solos were so good when I was young, but the older I got the more I realized they were just decent. They are written very well, just not that complex. Although hes got a couple solos off of Kill em All and Ride the Lightning that are pretty damn good. When I think of a good Rock/Metal soloist I think of Slash. His solos seem to encompass so many different facets of music. Kirk Hammett is known as one of the best because he is in one of the biggest metal bands of all time.. But there are a TON of guitarists that are better imho. I went and saw Buckethead a couple months ago, WHOA!!! He was unbelievable!!

i have to agree, slash is definetly great. first time i heard a velvet revolver song on the radio, for some reason i knew it had to be him i was listening to. metallica is the biggest, but GNR was no slouch by any means. imo, if they were still together, metallica wouldnt be standing alone at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread