Comments needed please...

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
thinking of replacing my factory resonator with a dynomax bullet.I don't have enough for mufflers.Going to leave them factory.How will this sound.I don't want it to sound like ass,but want the extra little bit of power.please help.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
straight pipe sounds aight..........

RASP No it RASP has a RASP bit of RASP nasty tinny RASP sharp rasp and it drones a bit too...

IMO stick with the high flow resonator idea. (2.25")

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
*shrug*

Well the two cars I've heard with the straight pipe was only for about 30seconds, and they were warmed up.....

Originally posted by DemonSVT

RASP No it RASP has a RASP bit of RASP nasty tinny RASP sharp rasp and it drones a bit too...

IMO stick with the high flow resonator idea. (2.25")

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
I agree.

If you have the stock Y-pipe; the rasp goes away after the car is warmed up. (~5-10 mins of driving) It still drones a bit.

However if you have a cat-less Y-pipe it never goes away.
Even a Y-pipe with a highflow cat increases the drone a lot, but the rasp still goes away (for the most part) after it's warmed up.

My car with Headers, catless Y-pipe, resonator & mufflers still has bad rasp when it's cold. Even warmed up it still has some. :(
Other then that it sounds really mean! :D :burnout:

PhatSVT

Established Member
DemonSVT made my custom exhaust and it sounds cool as hell but I do kind of sound like a ricer. no res and I have glasspacks as mufflers. It flows awesome it just sounds raspy as hell. I kind of like it that way for when the Camaros and Mustangs want to race me cause I turn a domestic car into a ricer.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by PhatSVT
DemonSVT made my custom exhaust and it sounds cool as hell but I do kind of sound like a ricer. no res and I have glasspacks as mufflers. It flows awesome it just sounds raspy as hell. I kind of like it that way for when the Camaros and Mustangs want to race me cause I turn a domestic car into a ricer.

:lol: He's a little weird that way... :eek: :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread