Established Member
These are different. :banana:
ZE Forged Injected, 3 piece.

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

your car is absolutely beautiful

fangstang

Established Member
I know its not a Cobra, but I'm sure you guys will like it. 19/20 HRE 540R.

DSC05978.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Thank you!

I've heard that several of the forged wheel brands are actually made in the same facility and yet they have different pricing. :shrug:

Correct. There are around 5-major wheel companies that are all basically produced at one plant.

Each company has *slightly* different variations on the main design and each company has VASTLY different customer-service attitudes. Steve @ TF is great to deal with; Boze isn't as flexible on finish options in total and let's not even discuss IForgeries "customer service".

TrueForged Mach 5's = super similar to IForged Aero's.

TrueForged Sleeper = Boze/ZE Forged Injected/Tach = USW Forged Superstar (center pattern super-similar forging; just different mill-work).

Look 'em up.

True Forged Wheels custom billet

[email protected]

There used to be a pic floating around of some IRL pace cars that were 03 Cobras that had BBS LM wheels on 'em. CCW kind of copied the design on their "LM20" wheel design. Heavily reminds me of the BBS LM anyway.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
My 17 inch HRE 3 Piece 525, $6800 retail before tires and I got them for . . . . . . . $0, but I traded a set of '96 cobras off of my previous '00 Mustang for them, lol.
20090525_563.jpg

20090525_561.jpg

20090524_122.jpg

Funny how much we're talking about the Saleen wheels and how much these look like the old Stern wheels Saleen used on the early Fox cars.

1bdbrd

Established Member
Exactly. These wheels are a lot more common on Porsches, Vettes, etc. I really want a set of $3k TF or CCW wheels for my car, but it's hard to justify them on a 99.

Trust me, I caught a LOT of shit for posting that I was putting my TF wheels on a 3rd gen fbody. People made it seem like blasphemy with the way they responded..:lol1:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Sorry but people only like chrome saleens on this forum.

I only wish..

Umm not everyone. I personally dont like the wheels anymore because they are played out soo much.

and yes they are SO PLAYED OUT:rollseyes

Theyve been played out since 2003...Dont tell this forum--they still dont know.
:nono:

I have them on my Cobra and love them, the only place they are played out is on the internet. I hardly ever see 03/04 cobras as it is, much less with the same wheels as me.

With that being said, I would lose them in a second for some TF or HRE wheels, just hard to justify when I could get the saleen wheels for less than $800.

Good point.

don't tell sam92lx

:beer:

Blk95Cobra

Established Member
Had to sell her in Feb 09 ot pay off Ex.
18x9 front and 18x10 rears Iforged Aeros.
123456789025.jpg

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
hey your car is almost my twin...except im sporting 19s.
DSCN2047.jpg
Those wheels are perfect on that car. Now you should give them to me so I can throw them on mine. :lol1:

That looks sick! I have hated on GT500s sometimes, but that one redeems the Gt500 in my book. Any more pics of that car?

That's the hsarpest looking 05+ I think I've seen and I like the way those wheels fit the bodystyle. :rockon:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Couple from MustangWeek.

Iforged Aero's. 18" I think.

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

Jay @ JLT's '500; with Boze Tach in 20" brushed...

IMG_0777.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread