Comcast / ATT broadband can kiss my a$$

shadow

got snake ?
Established Member
I just got a letter in the mail telling me that Comcast (Formally ATT Broadband) is going to jack the cable internet rate from 42 bucks a month to 57 !!!!!
DSL here I come.
I've enjoyed ATTBI for the past couple of years, but this is bull$hit.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
What reason did they give you for the increase?

For most cable companies the cable modem is that largest source of profit since they own all the servers/systems, they don't have to pay the companies for programming like they do with the cable tv.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SweetSVT99
What reason did they give you for the increase?

For most cable companies the cable modem is that largest source of profit since they own all the servers/systems, they don't have to pay the companies for programming like they do with the cable tv.
Steve,

Its probably becuase of people like you and me who like to download like 9gb worth of crap a day :D ;-)

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Kevin I agree my Verizon DSL is great. Even when my data phone line was down the DSL on the same line still worked.

Cable companies for the most part are used to having a monopoly on cable service for their area. So when they get people hooked on the speed of the cable modem prices go up, just like your friendly neighborhood heroin dealer. The first taste is cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread