Colorado Springs Folks in Here

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m most likely moving to Castle Rock next summer. Spent a ton of time out there. My biggest issue is the state seems to be going the way of commiefornia and gun rights are disappearing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I’m most likely moving to Castle Rock next summer. Spent a ton of time out there. My biggest issue is the state seems to be going the way of commiefornia and gun rights are disappearing.
Castle Rock is a nice area but it's been growing quite a bit too...Denver folks snatching up housing and all.
And you're correct, the state has shifted to the left quite a bit (there's an excellent book called "The Blueprint: how the democrats won Colorado" that outlines their methods). The red flag law that'll begin in Jan as well as the magazine size limitations, etc are certainly a result of all the California leftist assholes moving in which caused companies such as Magpul to leave the state. Since you seem to lean the other way, please come on out to even it out some more.

Nukem1040

Established Member
Me and my two buddies are around with their ‘18’s.
Here 2 of my 3.
a284ee726a60b0ee8f75e882eecb24d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm actually moving there in about a week. Already have a house and moved my car up there. I'll be living about 20 minutes from the springs. As others have said, the mountains are amazing, it's very dry and gets pretty cold. Hail storms pop up out of nowhere and houses go crazy fast. I'll be living in Peyton and might be worth your time to look for property there.
Look me up, I’m close. It’d be nice to have another Mustang enthusiast nearby.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
We lived in Colorado for 10 years. My wife is a native. Although I lived north of COS, I was constantly down that way as I worked PT as a fly fishing guide for my uncles outfitter. What’s been mentioned above is spot-on. I’ll add a few other things I find important that haven’t been listed.

- Very religious part of Colorado as well. I’ve found almost equally as compared to military. I’ll let you decide if this is a pro or a con.

- I know this was mentioned but thought I’d provide my 2 cents. Real estate and rental properties have sky rocketed in price over the last 12-15 years. Where majority of the rest of the USA saw the economic downturn of 2007, majority of Colorado didn’t. Plus, with the shear amount of people moving to Colorado, the new home builders cannot keep up. This is especially the case in Denver where offering $20-30k above asking price is the norm. In the 10 years we lived there, we bought and sold 3 houses, each was in an “up and coming neighborhood”, made a ton of money on each with minimal investment.

- Next to Montana/Idaho, the outdoors doesn’t compare. It’s the single biggest thing I miss from living there.

- I’ll also say that traffic, everywhere, is a nightmare. Absolute nightmare. Year around. And if you get a large snow storm, stay home as you’ll be absolutely shocked as to how many implants from other states are a danger to everyone on the road.

- I feel as though the 2A has gone down hill over the last 5-6 years. Initially, there was a small spike in our favor and now it’s definitely moving in the other direction. Colorado fell to number 40 out of 50 states in NRA’s best states for gun owners. Red Flag System was just initiates as well as a 15 round magazine limit.

I’ve lived in Arizona, Colorado and Michigan. Of those states, on a pure lifestyle decision, Colorado gets the W. That said, if I was to move right now it would be to Wyoming, Montana or Idaho.

PM with any questions you may have.
Colorado saw a large hit from the market as well, it just was a little slower.

I bought in 2009, and it really was the bottom at like 10-12.

With that said, I sold for $240k on a place I bought for $90k. But I had a customer who bought a house in Denver for $270k at the absolute bottom and was able to sell for nearly $1M. He must have had a time machine or some shit, his timing was absolutely perfect on the buy and sell.

My sale was just a few months back, and I work in the industry (somewhat), the market has softened a bit. 2 years ago home prices were around 7%-9% higher, going for over asking, and selling as fast as you could list them. These days houses are still selling, but it's just taking longer and in most cases people are still getting asking price but it's not uncommon to win a bid on a slightly-less-than-asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread