Color ?

tv's 03

Established Member
Hi guys.

Its my understanding that there were 2 silvers for 03 cobras, Silver Metalic and Satin Silver.

My cobra was an early 03, built in June or July of 2002. I want to buy touch up paint to fix some rock chips. Which silver do I need? I think its silver Metalic, but I would like to confirm if possible. Can any tell me which it would be?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
check the sticker on door jamb for the exterior paint code (EXT PNT)

satin silver is TL and silver metallic is YN

judging by your early production date, I'd wager it is satin...

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I think Ford uses the same Silver for the touch-up paint. The Metallic Silver didn't have any "metallic" in it. It was ok for small chips, but I couldn't get it to match in a 1" round scrape on my rear bumper.

tv's 03

Established Member
Ok that's helpful, thanks. But I thought I had Silver Metalic, with all the metal flake thats in the paint. I also thought that Silver Metalic was the color on the 01's so I figured it was the color of the first run cars....hmmmm.

I'll check the code

Also, does anyone else notice that the hood matches close up, but when you stand back and light hits it a certain way that it looks like it does not match? I was thinking my car had been wrecked before I bought it, but it was not in any of the carfax reports or anything. Looking under the car, I cannot see any evidence it was wrecked? I also noticed this on a silver annv addition???? So its not isolated to my car either???

Users who are viewing this thread