color change?

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
Can a cars color be changed with out dismanteling the whole car, will it lower the value of the car, if engine bay area is not same color as body will it look hacked? car is red want possibly dark charcol, black ect. thanks guys!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
americanthunder said:
Can a cars color be changed with out dismanteling the whole car, will it lower the value of the car, if engine bay area is not same color as body will it look hacked? car is red want possibly dark charcol, black ect. thanks guys!

You could do that, but I think it will look bad to have the engine bay area a different color than the rest of the car. As for lowering the car's value, frankly, I don't think our value can get much worse.

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
your right about the engine bay being different color, it would be ugly, but come on man the glass is half full!! I'd like to think the depreciation of cars has slowed down, one of the main reasons that I bought the car for is I paid half of what the car listed for,at 4 years old, hope your not losing your shirt on yours, after all I think we all know that most cars are a bad investment but hell when you get that push in your seat and the engines screaming and the tires are squeelling its seems to be all worth it!!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
americanthunder said:
your right about the engine bay being different color, it would be ugly, but come on man the glass is half full!! I'd like to think the depreciation of cars has slowed down, one of the main reasons that I bought the car for is I paid half of what the car listed for,at 4 years old, hope your not losing your shirt on yours, after all I think we all know that most cars are a bad investment but hell when you get that push in your seat and the engines screaming and the tires are squeelling its seems to be all worth it!!

I don't plan on ever getting rid of mine, so I'm not really concerned with value. I'm just going to make it stonger and faster. I've got big plans for my car.

cobradave77

Established Member
ALL cars are a depreciating asset/bad investment, I guess, unless you buy one of those really expensive collectibles.

I do believe that changing colors will aid in the depreciation of the vehicle - if you go to trade it in it will be pretty obvious, as well as selling to an individual. But, if you are in the car for the long-haul, do whatcha want! Cars have been my moneypit my whole life so far! :loser:

Cars can only depreciate only so much.... You think in 10-15 years from now an 03 Cobra will be $5,000? I don't think so. Once you mod the cobra (about 5 grand worth in the engine) to be a 10 second car, it will never lose it's value.

NXSVTCOBRA

any good painter could get in your engine bay painted without spraying your engine, when i got a custom paint on my old car they sprayed my whole engine bay and not even a spec touched my motor wiring harness or exhaust, however if you pay for a cheap paint job you're gonna get a cheap paint job

another thing you could do, when i had my notch painted orange from its black color, i had them two tone it so it could look decent with out me having to pay to spray door jams, trunk area, underhood, etc

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
Intresting point had a 87gt had it for 15yrs paid 15000 sold it last year for 5000 had basic bolt ons, not too bad, but it sure is no 03 cobra, tradditionaly I don't think people in general appreciate the money put into our cars but sure the car runs 10s but your dealing with a smaller group of people if that is one of the main selling features, hopefully, I'm going to spend alot of years with my baby!

Users who are viewing this thread