College: Financial Accounting?

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
So I made a mistake choosing a major for my masters.... unfortunately you can't just switch at NJIT you must re-apply which wasn't a problem.

A year later, I successfully switched from MSCS to MSIS and with only 2 classes was looking forward to graduating this December... but not so quickly!

When I got my new acceptance letter they told me I must take a pre-req. Management or Accounting class for IS which wasn't required for CS. I thought it was a joke, but nobody at the school was laughing. So now I'm stuck with the idea of either taking a class and wasting another semester on an undergraduate class that I neither want to take or realistically need to take (considering I will be done with the masters program and taking an undgrad class like a loser just to graduate) or simply take an exam in Financial Accounting to demonstrate I don't need to take the course.

Anybody taking Financial Accounting in College? I understand its like Accounting 101 and easy for some but not so easy for those of us that don't get along with math... any suggestions?

I'm thinking the cheapest way out (I'm only good in accounting when it comes to my money) is to just study on my own to take the damn test... but should I fail I'll really screw myself.

Ideas please

thanks,
--Russ

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Im in an accounting course right now. Math wise, it is not hard. It`s is really memorization, and studying. Knowing debits/credits, journals, etc etc etc.. Math is DEFINITLEY not the issue in the course. Or im retarded?

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
Just got the 880+ book from half.com

If not for the Networking class which I'm trying to Ace for my regular program, I would be tearing the accounting book appart... I guess I'll have to find time to study, and definitely will be taking the test.

If I don't pass it and have to take a class, i'll take a full load of classes and get another masters... did you guys know NJIT has MSM - Masters of Science in Management... unlike an MBA program you don't have to take any GRE's and also skip more advanced financing and accounting classes focusing on your area of study, ie. Management Information Systems. Might be worth a shot but totally useless.

--Russ

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
dude honestly accounting sucks balls. I got a D in my first semester of college and now i have to retake it again. I seriously dont get accounting, maybe its because i suck at math also. Oh well...

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
guys, its doable.

I studying a little bit. Read the book cover to cover. Passed the test and graduated.

Got my Masters of Science in Information Systems from NJIT

yay. now need to find a job to go with the degree...

--Russ

Users who are viewing this thread