College ADJ

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Well I would just like to say to all the LEO's out there that yesterday I started my first year of college and with that I am taking my first ADJ class so one day I can be out on the street with you all. I am going to the local community college but I am planning on finishing out my four years at George Mason or Old Dominion University. My ADJ class is the only one I am looking forward to this semester and my teacher seems like a good guy. Anyone have any advice for me over the next four years? Things to do or not to do, what helped you out or what didn’t.

Please LEOs only as I would like serious advice on my future career.

Thanks Eric

Satyr

Established Member
Im not a LEO, so I cant help you.

What I can say is good luck to you and thanks for persuing that type of career. Cops dont get the recognition they should.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Just remember that any job in law enforcement will require a lengthy background check. Dont do anything that you wouldnt be able to admit to in front of an oral board that is considering hiring you. Dont drink and drive and dont do drugs, not even pot, not even once.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Thank you Satyr and Law Dog, I have never done drugs of any kind and everytime someone offers me pot I just tell them I plan on being a cop and they STFU and leave me alone, kind of funny how they get scared when I say it. :poke:

Satyr

Established Member
haha keep up the good work

dont shop lift either...(if you've read my "shoplifting" thread you'd get it lol)

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Ride Alongs

A lot of people I went to school with did not realize what they were really signing up for. They pissed away 4yrs of there life to find out "This is not what I thought it was." Police work is a calling, not a career choice. We are truely a breed apart.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
Ride Alongs

A lot of people I went to school with did not realize what they were really signing up for. They pissed away 4yrs of there life to find out "This is not what I thought it was." Police work is a calling, not a career choice. We are truely a breed apart.
Amen and thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread