Cold weather

Sfcjerryharris

Established Member
Sibce its gotten colld, I have to jump it every other day, got a new oem alternator, battery 2 years old, so I don't know, had a amp put in for the subs, but nothing is on when she's off, so I'm lost why the battery is dead. If it's warm out, it starts every time, I'm lost, help??????

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

olympic

Established Member
Put a battery maintainer on it until you can figure it out.

The way to diagnose this type of thing is with a multi-meter that can measure current. Disconnect your positive battery cable and connect the multi-meter leads to the battery post and positive cable and measure the current flow. Ideally is should be 25 mA or less but definitely under 100mA. If it's higher, start by disconnecting aftermarket accessories(amp,etc) and see if the current draw drops. If not, start pulling fuses 1 by one until you find the circuit responsible.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
How often do you drive it ? Sound like you might look into a new battery . Advance auto part gold battery with $40 off $100 coupon from advance is good deal

Sfcjerryharris

Established Member
Put a battery maintainer on it until you can figure it out.

The way to diagnose this type of thing is with a multi-meter that can measure current. Disconnect your positive battery cable and connect the multi-meter leads to the battery post and positive cable and measure the current flow. Ideally is should be 25 mA or less but definitely under 100mA. If it's higher, start by disconnecting aftermarket accessories(amp,etc) and see if the current draw drops. If not, start pulling fuses 1 by one until you find the circuit responsible.
Thank you, I'm going to do just what you told me, but a new battery may be the route to go, where can I get a battery maintainer?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

olympic

Established Member
Any place that sells automotive accessories should have them. I like the "Battery Tender" and "C-Tek" brands.

Users who are viewing this thread