Cold(er) Cylinders?

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I took my car in to get some minor work done a little while back. When I went to pick it up the mechanic said that he noticed the idle was a little on the rough side so he used a infrared gun and checked all my header pipes. Said that my #3 and #7 cylinders were roughly 150* cooler than the rest. I was dumbfounded because I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Idle is a little rough, I just assumed it was the cam (TFS stage 1, so nothing big). Anyways, he suggested a compression check. Any ideas or anyone who's had similar problems? I just thought it was weird that it was the same cylinder location on both drivers side and passenger side that was having this issue.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I'll definitely do a compression check... but does it seem odd that the two cylinders that are cold are symmetrical just on opposing sides? I don't know why but I found that to be odd. Instead of just one cylinder or random cylinders. Also, since I never noticed it, is it harmful to be driving it like this? I have no clue how long this has been going on and i've been driving it on the reg.

prozach93cobra

Established Member
i pbly wouldnt drive it too much. if you have another car and you dont need it to do all your day to day driving i wouldnt. it could be something simple like a small leak in a head gasket nothing that you would notice with smoke. as far as the cylinder position i can only think that maybe something with the lower intake manifold but i dont know what that would be. you might have to take the intake off and have a look

Users who are viewing this thread