Cold day at the track??

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I would like to hear from EXPERIENCED DRAG RACERS about very cold track days. In this case, the temperatures are 38-42 degrees and partly sunny, with D/A's below -1,500-2,500. I want to know if you think the track is manageable at these temps or if you feel there is a safety concern. Can low 60' times be achieved? I am also thinking that waiting for the sun to heat the track could be beneficial.

Thank you for your expert comments.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Follow-up:

I went to the line at freezing temps and blew my rear. I was told that I should have warmed up the rear by driving around the lot a bit before going to the line and cold temps may have made parts more brittle. Anyone agree with this?

Here is the video:

[youtube_browser]NDB4WlY7t_Q[/youtube_browser]

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Follow-up:

I went to the line at freezing temps and blew my rear. I was told that I should have warmed up the rear by driving around the lot a bit before going to the line and cold temps may have made parts more brittle. Anyone agree with this?

Here is the video:

[youtube_browser]NDB4WlY7t_Q[/youtube_browser]

Damg you're gettin down the track.

Same thing happened to mine last year, Cold temps =more power +sticky tires +launching off 2-step =broken rear on the 3rd pass that January day.

I installed a truetrack and it's holding in there with 5000rpm launches off the 2-step.

Users who are viewing this thread