Cold Air Intake?

ho779

Established Member
Wonder if there is a way to direct an A/C duct straight into the intake! LOL How funny would that be, I know this would not work, but I just thought it would be funny...I'll give you cold air!

:D

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
would it be worth the horsepower loss from the A/C? i doubt it. I was thinking about an air compressor that runs off the alternator that compresses cold air at a loss of power for a brief second or two. Then releases when you are ready for some fresh air..

mineral03

Established Member
Theres actually a place that made an intercooler that ran off of the a/c compressor. there is quite a bit of parasitic loss, but it does work. Just think about 30-40 degree intake air temps ( thats freakin cold)... i takes about 10-15 hp to run the
AC compressor, but how much HP would you gain in the dropped intake air temps from 150 to 40?? Just think how mcu boost you could run with 40 deg temps... just a thought

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
I didn't think it completely shut off but limited the amount of power it consumes at WOT.

I dont know I just heard it.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I don't know about with the modulars. But the old 5.0 the A/C compressor was disengaged at full throttle you could here it switches off in my car. The fan was still running blowing really cold air for a couple of seconds, but if you were in it long enough you would feel it getting warmer. I don't think it is cutting of in my 03, but could not substantiate that. I do know driving the car with the A/C completely off the car has a substantial power difference IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread