cold air intake question

97BlackSnake

PUNSNAKE
Established Member
My good friend has an 05 GT and he hasent made a name on here yet cuz he just moved out and doesnt have a computer. anyway he wants an intake and was wondering whats the best one and where to find for the best price? thanks guys!

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Either a JLT or a C&L CAI works really well. I have a Racer C&L intake for sale if he is intersted. It is brand new and has never been installed

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Gixx1300R said:
Either a JLT or a C&L CAI works really well. I have a Racer C&L intake for sale if he is intersted. It is brand new and has never been installed

How much for the C&L?

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
WMS Ram AIr Kit here...

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm

hvi05c.jpg

DanVoels

Mustang Addict
Established Member
runs2rch said:
Any experience with the S&B?

I ran FIPK2s on all my '03s, but I ordered the S&B for my '07 GT because it looks like a clean fit. Metal is a bad idea IMHO, but in reality none of the intakes out there really make THAT much of a difference -vs- each other. That new ram-air setup with the shorty pipe looks like the only truly unique option out now. But I wanted same day delivery, so... S&B it was. It arrived before my car did today. :) Install tonight........ :pop:

DanVoels

Mustang Addict
Established Member
runs2rch said:
Post up what u think about it.

Well, the kit came with a mis-cut plexiglass plate for the box (1/2 too big, and the screw holes are off by 1/4"). SO had to trim and repunch it. No biggie. There were also two bolts missing from the kit. I ended up installing it open filter with no box. Which I guess I like better anyway, but I'm still not impressed with S&B's attention to detail. Next time I'll go K&N FIPK again (do they make a kit for the GTs?) or just bite the bullet and get the overpriced C&L piece. Just my two cents.......

I removed the OEM mufflers this weekend and it sounded mean. The Ford Racing (borla stinger) part arrived today, so looking forward to playing with my toy again tonight.

Cheers,
Dan

LatinoHeat

Established Member
runs2rch said:
Any experience with the S&B?

I've had one since January and have been pretty happy with it. Immediately noticed that my MPG was up.
IMG_0048.JPG

Last edited:

DanVoels

Mustang Addict
Established Member
LatinoHeat said:
I've had one since January and have been pretty happy with it. Immediately noticed that my MPG was up.
IMG_0048.JPG

That's very true. I noticed this morning on the way to work I averaged 26.2 mpg. Granted, that's cruising at 65mph with very little traffice (for a change), but I was still impressed. My last mustang got about 9mpg city and 14mpg highway. Of course, it also made 75% more horsies. :) My only other mod currently is a Ford Racing cat-back. I miss the open exhaust sound, but it's a clean, deep note... so I shouldn't complain.

Tucker

If you can find it, pick up the jan. issue of 5.0
They did a CAI shootout with 11 kit and we (JLT) were highest HP&TQ producer and #1 in cost and value.
The intake requires a tune.
Intake only (you get tuned) $185 black and $210 in body color
Intake and SCT X-2 W/3 tunes $555 black and $580 in color.

Let me know if I can help,

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread