Cold air intake preference?

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
I've got a stock 14 GT and looking for a cold air. Likely going to end up with a Boss intake a little later on. What's everyone's preference for CAI?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Most are going to say the airaid because it doesn't neck down at the throttle body, but I personally like the look of the JLT better.

hand-filer

Established Member
Most are going to say the airaid because it doesn't neck down at the throttle body, but I personally like the look of the JLT better.

There are legitimate reasons why they prefer Airaid. In addition to performance they also appreciate the quality and the perfect fitment.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Does anyone have any dyno before and afters with an Airaid or preferably track ETs of before and after? I'd love to see some results but I've read a lot of coyote guys that claim a CAI won't make any more power than the stock airbox

Lemonth

Established Member
I use to have a K&N 63 series and recently went to a Airaid system. The fitment was night and day. K&N felt like generic parts that just happened to fit together whereas the Airaid was a perfect fit (it just pretty much all snapped together) along with a much cleaner look. Haven't tried anything else and can't speak much for the performance difference or how it compares to stock as I did tuning and plenty of other things.

chvyeter

Established Member
Sounds like airaid is a good choice. I was originally thinking of Steeda, JLT or C&L. Sounds like I need to give airaid a look at

noldevin

Established Member
I actually like the looks of the airaid better than the JLT. Steeda and Airaid are the best performance-wise, though you're looking at very small differences on a part that's only good for 5ish hp. Whichever intake you get, I'd get it used. IMO new price for an intake isn't worth it.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've heard some good things about the PMAS set ups as of late. Thinking of getting one to try on my car.

I have one going on my car and will be doing some testing with "no tune" version and "tune required" version (the only difference is swapping in the stock MAF for "tune required"). I already have Lund's tune revisions, just waiting for the intake to arrive.

We use JLT on all of our projects here and have had great results with them. I wanted to try something different and I personally really like all the R&D Nick @ PMAS did with his intakes.

chvyeter

Established Member
What's a good tuner to go with and who to buy from? Didn't know if getting the lifetime reprograms are worth it to buy with the intake?

Wesley Griffin

ill be getting the JLT since it fits on the boss manifold with no problems. plus i like my engine bays having show quality so i opted for the painted one since they are the only ones that i know of that offer a painted CAI

GBCoyote

Established Member
What's a good tuner to go with and who to buy from? Didn't know if getting the lifetime reprograms are worth it to buy with the intake?

You'll get various answers. Any big company will do you right. Most don't charge for bolt on upgrades to retune. I've had Lund since I went boosted. No complaints and they've always been a big help.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member

I see your in Florida, so I would have VMP tune your car, I am not sure where in Florida you are, but they are one of the best tuners, they are in your state, the support this web page, and the Mustang community. Having your tuner close is always a good thing

chvyeter

Established Member
I see your in Florida, so I would have VMP tune your car, I am not sure where in Florida you are, but they are one of the best tuners, they are in your state, the support this web page, and the Mustang community. Having your tuner close is always a good thing

I'm north florida at panama city beach

Users who are viewing this thread