Coilpack plugs...How to unplug???

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I've worked on many cars in my lifetime, and have dealt with many connectors and plugs, but for the life of me I can't get them unplugged to change the spark plugs. I'm sure it's super simple but I'm stumped. Any help would be great, Thanks Guys

kaane

Established Member
pull the red tab out until it clicks, now you can just squeeze the connector until it clicks and remove. Some force required.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I don't want to be a Dick but really?? U may want to stop and close the hood.
I'm sorry I had too. :)

Ya you are an unhelpful dick. F off.

OP those can be a pain. I had one click out easy and the rest were such a pain. And I had to apply an uneasy amount of force on a couple stubborn ones. Case by case I guess

clean92lx

Established Member
Be careful when sliding the red clip up, I had one fly off and drop down into the engine bay and I lost it for a few days, then I found it resting on the front control arm a few days and over 100 miles later lol.

Like others have stated, push the clip up and push down on the connector while sliding off.

Last edited:

1Bad5.0

Established Member
Thanks to everybody who chimed in with positive help. Once I got the red clip to slide upward it was easy as pie. That's what I was trying in the beginning but it took more force then I thought it would that's why I made this thread for the help. Thanks to those who actually helped.

Users who are viewing this thread