Coilovers

JohnnyMystic

Established Member
Been really thinking about getting coilovers but can't decide which set up is right for me. Don't really want to spend an arm & leg for a set. The car is primarily just a weekend car. Was thinking about racelands or sr performance but haven't seen a whole lot of reviews on either one. Also just got new wheels on the car... 245/40/18 fronts and 305/35/18 in the back. If I were to say lower my car 3 inches, would I have problems with rubbing?

19Mystic96

Established Member
Ive got MM coil over kit for their Koni shocks all around and I have no problems with rubbing except at full lock when i turn left with 265/35/18 up front

heres how low i am
15832949322_f8c8a4c4be_b.jpg

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Ive got MM coil over kit for their Koni shocks all around and I have no problems with rubbing except at full lock when i turn left with 265/35/18 up front

heres how low i am
15832949322_f8c8a4c4be_b.jpg

That's one mystic I actually really like! Any pics without the wheel turned to see how low you are? I'm leaning towards coil overs right now. But when I turn the wheel I'm that low as well. Also, the rear of mine is as low yours.

19Mystic96

Established Member
That's one mystic I actually really like! Any pics without the wheel turned to see how low you are? I'm leaning towards coil overs right now. But when I turn the wheel I'm that low as well. Also, the rear of mine is as low yours.

yea the MM coil overs are great..

unfortunately I don't have pics when its perfectly straight. I can take some tomorrow. in the mean time heres as close as I can get for now

16144380265_7a3dbe8ed0_b.jpg

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I have MM Coilovers with Koni shocks (front) and MM rear springs with MM ALCA's in the rear. I've got it pretty low, maybe 1/2" higher than 19mystic96's set up and I run 275/35/18 in the front and 295/35/18 in the rear, no rubbing at all even on full lock.

stangman9897

Established Member
You do know that the Raceland and S R performance aren't true coil overs on the rear, the rears are just an adjustable spring perch setup with a plain shock and not a coilover shock.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
ill be going with UPR coils and MM springs soon.
good luck with that. the only thing UPR I would allow anywhere near any of my cars is a couple of their dress up parts and then only if it didn't say UPR anywhere on it

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
yea the MM coil overs are great..

unfortunately I don't have pics when its perfectly straight. I can take some tomorrow. in the mean time heres as close as I can get for now

16144380265_7a3dbe8ed0_b.jpg

So I've read. MM makes fantastic stuff. I have some MM suspension upgrades as well.

Thanks for the close up picture! Looks fantastic. I sit about that low with H&R SS springs, steeda x2, and no iso. I'd really like coil overs in the rear but right now the car is daily driven so might not be the best idea.
Happy new year!

Users who are viewing this thread