Coilovers on

TClark22

Established Member
Dialing in the ride height right now...this is just MM coilovers in the fron on bilstien struts. rear is just prokit springs. I'll attack that later.

The passenger side is being a PITA. The driver side is pretty much right where i want it. A nice snug 1 finger gap. The passenger side is 1/4" higher even though i lowered it 1/2" lower on the coilover threads. Wierd?

Untitled by TClark04, on Flickr

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Oh my sexy. I want. What's the settings on the front? I need to get those... My 4x4 needs to get low. MM Coilovers in the front then I'll just cut the rears.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
The passenger side is 1/4" higher even though i lowered it 1/2" lower on the coilover threads. Wierd?

Nope not weird at all because that happened to me when I had my eibach pro kit springs on the car. The passenger side sat higher than all 3 of the other sides. Why? Idk haha

coposrv

Established Member
I'm jealous of the guys that can rock the slammed look. Not that I ever drive the car but the New England roads just feel awful when I do.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Looks so sick! I've got the same setup in front and its amazing how low you can go on coilovers with the right spring rate and still maintain a great ride quality. Mine is about exactly as low as yours, maybe a bit lower, and mine rides very well considering the height.

Now that I bought a Jeep as a daily, I might even lower it some more in front and take one of the sets of rear isos out in the back...hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
thanks fellas! means alot to me!

The setup for the front is Bilstien HD struts, MM Coilover kit w/ 12-250 springs, MM c/c plates.

I have had numerous setups on this car, this is not my first coilover kit either. Used a UPR kit a few years ago and well it was garbage. It may have just been the drag style spring 14-175 rate i was using but it was noisy as hell and trashed the coilover kit in the end. I originally had H&R supersports on it, then got into racing so did the coilovers in front and stock springs in rear and adjustable struts/shocks, then track closed, got out of racing and just ripped all the stuff out and replaced with stock except for eibach prokit. Been riding on eibach prokit for a couple years now. Now that its not my DD i want it back to being slammed.

As far as ride quality. I have only driven it a few miles to test it out and listen for any rubbing or other noises. But so far it is damn near silent and rides about the same as the H&R and eibach springs.

I may be holding off on the rear end for a while because i need to save money. Wanting to swap in a coyote this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread