Coilovers noise

Alex5.0

Established Member
I install my bc coilovers like 3weeks ago by the way the car runs nice and 0 body roll. So now am getting this noise in the rear like if there was something lose first I thogut that my books in the trunck was making that noise over bumpy road but no it's the rear passenger side I still haven't gotten a panahard bar can it be that the differential is hit the chasie of the car?? Has anyone had this problem?? I check everything and it's all install rite and tight ?? It's really annoying

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Is it like a clunking noise b/c when I first installed mine they were clunking and it sounded like it was coming from the trunk but it was actually the front end link wasn't tight enough and it was moving trust me I thought it was tight but I then jack up on the suspension where I lined it up better and got it where it needed to be and there was no more noise.

Alex5.0

Established Member
It's not the front trust me I made my friend jump on the truck and I can hear it clearly from the rear passenger side

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
How did you install the rear? I'm not saying you did it wrong or anything but the way I did the rear is I took the rubber bushing from the stock strut and the bottom washer from the stock strut and I put that on the top of the BC strut.

kingnut

Established Member
In for answers. I will be picking up a set of BC coilovers and having noise come from anywhere isnt an option.

Alex5.0

Established Member
The coilovers are good I didn't install the rear it was on a bc authorized dealer
Am here now getting check what's the noise

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I'm very confused. First it was you that installed now its a BC dealer? You're posts are very confusing and hard to read. You will get much better responses with clear posts. PS there is spell checking available when making a post.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I just started getting a similar noise from the exact same spot a few weeks ago. I have had steeda shocks/springs since March and the noise just began recently. Mine isn't really a clunking sound, more like a chirp over bumps. I'm going to put it on a lift on Friday and check it out. I'll update the thread if I find something. Let me know if you figure out the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread