Coilover Spring Rates... What are you running?

kev2369

Established Member
I'm about to switch over to the Maximum Motorsports Coilover kit... I'm going to run the Bilstein kit... I was wondering what coilover spring rates you guys that have them are running... I don't want to sacrafice any ride quality since I have enough already with my straight axle setup... I was thinking around the 300 or stiffer it it will ride well...

Just wondering what you guys were running and how you felt about them... Thanks

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
400 front 600 rear Bilstein Sports with Maximum Motorsport hardware........Awesome setup.

DSCF0232.jpg

old ford guy

Established Member
Running MM coilovers with 400 front, 600 rear, with Kenny Brown k-member and Kenny Brown IRS frame with corrected geometry. Very happy !

LOVIN THE CLOVERLEAF'S !!!!!!!!!!

kev2369

Established Member
im running a 375 up front. i like it. would consider going 400lb

So you are thinking on going 400 to get it to ride better? UPR reps were pushing a 250 spring and i was def out on that, but i don't want something so stiff its gonna jar me... 350 seems to be what i'm starting to lean toward

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
I thought the 400/600 combo was going to be a rough ride but it is better than stock actually. Very well and stable over bumps without that noise thats transmitted through the suspension with the springs in the stock location. Also no body roll and awesome stance. The suspension still travels and is not overly stiff. You would not know that I had coilovers until I took an autobahn entrance ramp at 90MPH and experience the car's composure.

Match your springs to your shocks and struts (Bilstein HD, Bilstein Sport, Bilstein race etc). Give Maximum Motorsports a call.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
So you are thinking on going 400 to get it to ride better? UPR reps were pushing a 250 spring and i was def out on that, but i don't want something so stiff its gonna jar me... 350 seems to be what i'm starting to lean toward

Ride quality between a 375 and 400lb would be negligible. If i were to do it over again Id go with a 400lb though. I drive my car on the weekends and nice days and I LOVE the way it fells. Im running 600lb rears BTW with Koni double adjustable struts/shocks all the way around (which I would also recommend). The bilsteins are great too.

I thought the 400/600 combo was going to be a rough ride but it is better than stock actually. Very well and stable over bumps without that noise thats transmitted through the suspension with the springs in the stock location. Also no body roll and awesome stance. The suspension still travels and is not overly stiff. You would not know that I had coilovers until I took an autobahn entrance ramp at 90MPH and experience the car's composure.

Match your springs to your shocks and struts (Bilstein HD, Bilstein Sport, Bilstein race etc). Give Maximum Motorsports a call.

Definitely call Maximum motorsports! these guys are some of the best when it come to suspension. They are more than happy to talk with you over the phone and have always given me solid recommendations.

Jroc

Established Member
I run 375 lb front and 575 lb rear with Bilstein Sports. They work good. Corner flat, ride firm, but not harsh unless you are on a ruff road.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've had 400 in the front in the past and liked it a lot. Right now I've got 350's and its just a tad too soft for me.

Since you have a solid axle in the rear, the rate is going to be much different than the ~600 everyone is saying here. Rates for a solid rear are more around 250 or 300#. Ask the guys at MM what a good rear axle rate would be to match 350-375 in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread