Coil signal wire?

Fastnature

Established Member
Guys have done a search on here and have seen where to tie on to the coil signal wire at the pcm. But I have already ran my wire to the passenger side of the engine. So I was wondering if anyone knows what color the wire is to get the RPM signal from for my window switch.? I have noticed all the coils have a common purple wire and the other wire has a stripe. This is all that I have left to finish my install but I have not found the exact info to feel safe about hooking to the coil wire. Thanks

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
I used the uncommon striped wire going to the coil on my msd window switch.

It works perfect.

Be sure to set the box to 1 cylinder.

Fastnature

Established Member
Thanks.. I am using the NOS window switch pn 15982nos and didnt see anything about setting it to 1 cylinder. But I better go back and read it closer. I know that it does need programmed. I am excited to get it finished and go to the track. There are several of us going April 26-27 and none of them know I have a surprise for them :rockon:. I hope to pull some good et spraying only 100hp shot but we will see.

S197OnSpray

Established Member
el jefe 302 is correct, use the uncommon color wire and set it to 1 cylinder. I modified a diagram using that same NOS 2 stage progressive controller. If you would like to see how I hooked mine up send me your email to my pm box and I will email you the diagram. I've sent it out to a few members on here and they have used it with success. I had mine hooked up to the NX plate kit as well. I'd be glad to help if you have questions.

Users who are viewing this thread