Coil Packs??

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
My truck has been running like crap ever since I rinsed the motor off last Friday. I was told by my Ford guy that it was probably a coil pack. How much do these things run and where can I get them?? Are they easy to install or should I get the dealer to do it??

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
8 and it's easy. Ive washed my motor a ton of times and never had a problem. When u take em out make sure u clean them good. Any grease on them will keep them from sealing good.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Thanks a lot man. You saved me a lot of stress. I guess Ill do a search on how to take them out and put them back, hopefully there is a how to. Wish me luck.

203Cree

Established Member
All you need is a 1/4 in drive ratchet, a wobble extension, and a 7 mm socket. :beer:

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
All of your coil packs are right next to your injectors. There is a little push clip on the bottom of them that will release the coil pack from the wire, and like Cree said all you need is a 7 mm socket to unloossen the one bolt holding them down. The back ones can be kind of tricky but if you have a swivel socket and an extension it will be easy. From one dumb college kid to another, you dont need to pay someone to do it, its pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread