Coil Pack retaining clips

TEG-84

Established Member
While reinstalling my coil packs, one of my retaining clips broke and I can't seem to find one online does anyone know the part number? Thanks in advance!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
The clip that keeps the electrical connectors from popping off, it's that red clip, not the bolt. I think that is what the OP wants.

Zemedici

Established Member
yeah i'm not showing a seperate clip, so if its part of the wiring connector it comes with the replacement pigtail.

WPT - 391 is the motorcraft #

9U2Z 14S411-EA is Ford #

Zemedici

Established Member
no worries man, I would have the local dealer look at the pigtail to make sure that piece is included as part of the connector, I'm just not seeing it separate, of course that doesnt mean its not possible :lol:

TEG-84

Established Member
I'll check with them today and see what they say. If they can find it separate I'll let you know!

TEG-84

Established Member
Ya, I wasn't rough on it or anything...I just tried to pull the tab up and it snapped in half! The dealership is trying to find it now.

hand-filer

Established Member
Same thing happened to me when I installed the blower. That was followed by several expletives, then I carried on and never gave this another thought. Looking forward to what the dealer comes up with.

TEG-84

Established Member
Alright, so....I called both dealerships here in town and they stated you cannot get the retaining clips alone that I would need to order the actual connector which comes with the retainer. I ended up calling ford racing parts and they were able to "acquire" one for me, luckily!

Zemedici

Established Member
Alright, so....I called both dealerships here in town and they stated you cannot get the retaining clips alone that I would need to order the actual connector which comes with the retainer. I ended up calling ford racing parts and they were able to "acquire" one for me, luckily!

nice! They give you a part # by chance?

TEG-84

Established Member
nice! They give you a part # by chance?
Unfortunately no, the guy just said he would scrounge one up. He told me to shoot him an email with my shipping info and bamf! A few minutes later I got an email saying it's been sent via ups. =)

Zemedici

Established Member
Unfortunately no, the guy just said he would scrounge one up. He told me to shoot him an email with my shipping info and bamf! A few minutes later I got an email saying it's been sent via ups. =)

Ah alright. They may have just a bin of pigtail connector ends or something of that nature. Anyway, glad you're taken care of! :)

clean92lx

Established Member
Glad you found one OP but honestly you would've been just fine without it. It takes a good amount of thumb pressure to get the connector off the coil pack, it's not just gonna come off on its own.

I lost one awhile back when I was sliding it up and it dropped down into the engine bay and I couldn't find it so I just said f it. A couple days later and over hundred miles later, I had the front wheels off for something and saw it laying there freely on the front control arm lol don't know how it stayed there but I just popped it back in and done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread