Coil pack blew off last night

ShiftinGT

Established Member
Was driving home last night got to a stoplight, the car almost stalled out but I managed to keep it going. About 10 feet later I hear this horrible noise and my heart sank to the ground. I immediately turned the car off and coasted into a gas station which was right there. Called my dad and he got there I turned the car on and he said sparks were flying out of the top. Looked closer and the coil pack (#7) was broken off the screw. Put a new one on and drove it home. Still felt like it had a misfire but the noise was gone. I'm out there right now and was taking off all the coils and I noticed the driver side coils all smell like gas and the passenger side smells regular (really has no smell). What would cause that?
Here's the plug IMG_0590.jpg Doesn't appear to be stripped. Going to buy a new plug, already checked all the others and they are fine. Anything I should to before putting the new plug in?

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I can't think of anything that would close the gap up except it being hit by a piston or other debris that made a lap in your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread