Coil overs: 2004 SVT Cobra ragtop

j smith

Established Member
Just got my coil overs finished on my terminator. I went with the maximum motorsports sport dampers.

I had some clearance issues on the drivers frame rail resulting in a 'clunk' sound but I got that sorted out.

The car is about 1.5" lower in the front and prob 1.75" lower out back (i'll measure later)....it looks pretty level to the eye...possible a very gentle forward rake.

Just wanted to tell the community that upgrading to these was a great decision.

The quality of the ride is better than that of the OE springs/bilsteins plus ive gotten rid of the horrible stock ride height.

I did full length sub frame connectors last year

I did mm strut tower brace the same time as the coil overs.

MM strongly recommends the flsfc and stb mods be completed before moving on to the coil overs, especially on the convertibles.

94slowbra1

Established Member
pics! this is worthless without pics!
i too have coilovers on my 03 vert (just the front). love the ride and stance. i also have whole host of MM, FTBR and stifflers goodies to compliment. couldnt be happier

svtrookie

Established Member
+1 we need pics!! I have a mm kit waiting to be installed on my coupe. Glad to hear the positive reviews!

j smith

Established Member
Pics to follow!

I just wanted people to know how much of an improvement there is to these cars handling by doing these types of mods.

I'm referring to just driving around town...the coil overs make the steering feel lighter and the car more nimble.

The ride feels solid but not jarring whatsoever.

Its like when you pulley swap tight stock terminator...you could never imagine going back. Same with the mm coil overs. You can't go back to separate spring/ damper arrangement

j smith

Established Member
^^^
Bilstein sport damper if I remember correctly. Mounting ears on the dampers are extra think

svtrookie

Established Member
I am excited to hear this review. I have the K member and Arm kit as well waiting for installation. Are you ever going to swap in their MM k member?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I am so excited to here this review. I have the K member and Arm kit as well waiting for installation. Are you ever going to swap in their MM k member?
I have it in my car. Aside from the camber issues it's not a bad piece.

I should probably add that I'm sure part of my camber issue is because of how low I have the car.

Users who are viewing this thread