Coil over

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
decided to go coil over for my car . Just trying to get a feeling here.

Who has coil over?

what are you running?

I Called Billy he mentioned he had done someones car recently .

going with MM rear first since My QA1 are done:bored:

going with coil over springs and strut

what is the best set up for street and strip.

defineatly dont want clunking noise..:shrug:

post your thoughts/ experience...:read:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have the MM and no noise issues at all. Originally I had 325# springs in the front with 475# in the rear. This was a good all around set up. Stiffer than stock, but could still get good transfer for drag racing.

Now I run 375# front and 575# rear, I like to drive road courses. This is a great combo for that. I will probably go a touch stiffer. For drag racing, this set up sucks. I lost half a second with these spring rates.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Billy did my car a couple weeks ago. Full MM coil overs on all four corners. I run the 10" 400# springs up front with 8" 600# springs in the back. That is along with the Bilstein Sport valved struts/shocks. The ride is awesome. No noises. It rides way better than stock and hugs the road like a champ. I fefinitely recommend them.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I like the UPR stuff on my car but the ride quality is a little painful at times. The roads around me are pretty awful though I don't really think it matters.

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
MM people, have you had both? Just wondering how your comparing. I have both on two different cars. I think as far as ride quality and noise they are the exact same. I like UPR due to the weight savings over the heavy MM.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have a UPR kit waiting to go on something. Probably put it on my '90GT. Then I'll have both. But wont have it done anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread