Coil Over Susp. for a Mach???

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
Hey guys, I've been scratching my head for weeks wondering about the suspension set up that I want to do, and I was wondering, whats the best coil over suspension available for my 03 Mach 1, I was actually debating going with a "Hella Flush" look, all my friends and local guys have been trying to get me to do something crazy...so im just like screw it..why not.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Maximum Motorsports

Please don't make a mustang "hellaflush"

+1 on MM, they are supossed to be the tits. haha to hellaflush. Its okay, you can raise it up when you realize ur scraping ur tires, lip, exhaust. Make sure you do some pics!

dark-knight

Established Member
i was thinking of changing out my UPR coilovers in the front to MM... i have eibach drag springs in the rear..

EVO-lution

Established Member
good luck with the SLAMMAGENESS...I scrape when going over speed bumps all the time. thankfully it's just my sway bar :thumbsup:

+3 for MM. you can also try griggs :shrug:

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
LOL...i was thinking about it as I was trying to sleep last night...im pretty sure imma go with MM coil over suspension, leave her alone and stick to autocrossing her.

thanx for the input guys. :beer:

cobra916

Established Member
i would suggest look more into it before you purchase...every up side has a down.. i really dont know much on this topic but i have read how some people are unhappy with thier setups.. because noise and spring rates.. post this same question on mach1registry.com to see what other opinions you get..good luck

cobra916

Established Member
oh yea and hella fush is bad ass.. but if you did that the rear you will need a panhard par.. id say go for the hella flush look...it will be the first stang that ive seen look like that..haha wont be easy to make it look right.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
The picture in my sig, I cannot go over speedbumps ...period. I am constantly on the lookout for roadkill. :lol:

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
hahaha...man this is making me go crazy, these thoughts have kept me up for a week now! i still can't decide, I may as well try, i could always raise her back up.

now i have to get off my lazy as and do that along with throwin this damn eaton blower on to. lol :read:

anyone wanna help?? :rolling:

EVO-lution

Established Member
i would suggest look more into it before you purchase...every up side has a down.. i really dont know much on this topic but i have read how some people are unhappy with thier setups.. because noise and spring rates.. post this same question on mach1registry.com to see what other opinions you get..good luck

hella flush FTL....you don't see it on stangs because it looks rediculous. almost as rediculous as the mustang I saw the other day with spinner rims on it:nonono:

The picture in my sig, I cannot go over speedbumps ...period. I am constantly on the lookout for roadkill. :lol:

thats because you have an F1 SC weighing you down. you should lighten the load and sell it to me:thumbsup:

To the OP, buy suspension for it's intentions. if you're going to track the car every weekend then buy something more suitable for that. If you plan to autocross it, then buy a coil over set-up with supporting parts for that. I chose the spirited route and just went with springs and C/C plates. they're noisy, but hey, these cars aren't meant to be luxury DD's. just meant to be driven and have that sporty feel.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
thats because you have an F1 SC weighing you down. you should lighten the load and sell it to me:thumbsup:

:lol: I may be selling the car next year ...I'm on the fence right now.

To the OP, buy suspension for it's intentions. if you're going to track the car every weekend then buy something more suitable for that. If you plan to autocross it, then buy a coil over set-up with supporting parts for that. I chose the spirited route and just went with springs and C/C plates. they're noisy, but hey, these cars aren't meant to be luxury DD's. just meant to be driven and have that sporty feel.

Coilover setups are noisy because the frame rail is very close to where the spring goes up through the shock tower (only enough room for a strut). All you have to do is bang the crap out of the inside of the rail to bend it an inch and the spring will not hit it over bumps or turns. :beer:

The AntiRice

Established Member
ive got maximum motorsports coilovers with the bilstein sport shocks and struts. no noise here and ive had it on multiple road trips from washington to wisconsin and back. if you wanna see pics look at the link in my sig. go mm and you will not be disappointed.

dark-knight

Established Member
lol dont always believe the manufactures slogans

my UPR coilvers creek alittle bit in the front. i thought maybe putting the ISO's back in would help, but i like my stance so. i can deal with it. like said above, this isnt a luxury car.

bwahl602

Established Member
lol dont always believe the manufactures slogans

my UPR coilvers creek alittle bit in the front. i thought maybe putting the ISO's back in would help, but i like my stance so. i can deal with it. like said above, this isnt a luxury car.

:rollseyes ummm yea ur right... put the isos back in that will surely stop the creek from the POS coilovers you bought...:poke:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread