Coil Over Install Question

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
I lost the directions. Do I have to still use the upper strut rubber bushing or just let the spring set against the bottom side of the tower?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Get ready to be annoyed. Everytime you go across a bump you will hear them "CLACK CLACK". You really wasted your money unless you go to the track alot. What kind of coil overs are they? And why did you buy them?

NXSVTCOBRA

Stopsign32v said:
Get ready to be annoyed. Everytime you go across a bump you will hear them "CLACK CLACK". You really wasted your money unless you go to the track alot. What kind of coil overs are they? And why did you buy them?
thats not completely accurate, i have coilovers on my notch, and when it was running i never heard any noises while going over bumps, same thing with my VW, and i have some cheapo's on my notch...... if you slam it with the stock shocks then maybe you may get noises but if you upgrade your shocks and run a decent drop you'll be fine

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
I have the bearings, aluminum bushings.... What order to they go in - from top to bottom? And I bought them because I wanted something different. I can always go back to the stock setup. I like tinkering...

kaos

Established Member
I have coil-overs and I have yet to hear any noises. Actually I've heard them squeek maybe 5 times in the past 10,000 miles. Maybe it's brand related or install related. I don't know.

kaos

Established Member
caseydp75 said:
kaos, what sits on top of the coil?

I wish I could tell you. I didn't install it, but they are coil overs from MM and you can check their directions. It might help I'm guessing. They are very good. The only thing I think that sits on the top is that gold piece you can see in the directions.

Front coil over directions. There are two links at the top. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/coilover.asp

For the rears. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/instructions/MMCO-4r2.pdf

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Evidently I just needed a few more beers to figure it out.... And they're Granatelli coil over. And I bet MM's are better now that I've seen them. But hey, that gives me something else to do down the road.

kaos

Established Member
caseydp75 said:
Evidently I just needed a few more beers to figure it out.... And they're Granatelli coil over. And I bet MM's are better now that I've seen them. But hey, that gives me something else to do down the road.

I like them. No noise and right after I got them installed I took them for a test drive and I was showing off for my passanger and I didn't see a speed bump. I hit it going about 50 mph and I caught air. I freaked out thinking I broke my brand new coil overs and I took it back to the shop and he looked them over antd they were fine. But I must have hit that speed bump hard because one of cobra r rims bent, but the coil overs did just fine.
:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread