COIL COP plug issues in 2001 cobra motor

Bullitt4691

Established Member
Evey 50 or so miles my car starts to run like crap because either the coil on cylinder 1 or 8 pops up off of the spark plug...this causes that cylinder to misfire and the check engine light to come on. so i have to pull over and take off the cover coil and manually press them back down with my fingers... then the car runs fine until the coil pops up again and i have to repeat the process... any idea as to why this is happening or how i can fix it?

rjuice

Established Member
the cover should be holding them down. Do you have the rubber bushings on the bottom of the cop covers?

Bullitt4691

Established Member
what are rubber bushings? i got the motor used and there is nothing on the inside/bottom of the COP covers....other then a long rubber gasket around the bottom of the cop cover..... and they cop boots look in decent shape, they are 2 months old.
anybody have a picture of rubber bushings?

Last edited:

Bullitt4691

Established Member
ooook i understand now.. i took the cop cover off my brothers mach 1 and i see the little rubber cushions and the rubber gasket that goes around the piece... i dont know why i dont even have the grommets or the holders that the grommets do in or even the rubber gasket... looks like im going to need new cop covers with the rubber's.....anybody know where i can find a pair?

freakinout

Established Member
ooook i understand now.. i took the cop cover off my brothers mach 1 and i see the little rubber cushions and the rubber gasket that goes around the piece... i dont know why i dont even have the grommets or the holders that the grommets do in or even the rubber gasket... looks like im going to need new cop covers with the rubber's.....anybody know where i can find a pair?

The part on the inside of the coil covers (rubber gasket looking thing)? Ford dealer would be a place to hitup, but they'd probably have to order you one. You can get it through tousley ford (advertises here), and you'll get a great price and get it fast.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
The part on the inside of the coil covers (rubber gasket looking thing)? Ford dealer would be a place to hitup, but they'd probably have to order you one. You can get it through tousley ford (advertises here), and you'll get a great price and get it fast.

yeah lookup and pm tousley ford, hes a supporting vendor and hes hooked me up a few times, i have a problem with my drivers side cop cover collecting condensation over time, im pretty sure its just from rain coming through my hood but hopefully its not a cracked head or something.

Users who are viewing this thread