Cog Zero Slip Belt System?? Good Or Bad

WhiteSVT

Established Member
Hey Whats Up Guys, I Was Just Woundering If You Knew, If This Cog Zero Slip Belt System If Good For The Lightnings, Because I Was Looking At This Metco 10 Rib System, If They Bothe Reduce Belt Slipage, They Should Both Good Right, Let Me Know Something Guys Thanks For The Input. :??:

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Leave the capital letters alone for Pete's sake. You're killin' my eyes. LOL.

The cog set-up is pretty loud. LOL. It might cause your ears to bleed.:rockon: But, you won't have to worry about any belt slip whatsoever. LOL.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Last edited:

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
WhiteSVT said:
ok so what improvments should i see??:burnout:

No improvements other than you won't lose any boost due to the belt slipping. And, you'll probably make other motorists shit themselves when you floor it and pass them.:coolman: :pepper:

BTW, there are other ways and aftermarket pulley set-ups that will eliminate belt slip.

Last edited:

porsen

The Dane
Established Member
Depends on your pulleys. If you have any slip as a result of smaller upper or larger lower, then the cog setup will increase your boost.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
are you talking about Dbl G's setup from the nhtoc board....if so I'd say go for it, Garrett makes good stuff. I would steer clear of the RPM Outlet garbage.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
cogs are bad for street cars...

say your blower locks up likes chris's did... with his the belt slipped and burnt up. granted the blower was locked up in the end. with a cog drive that added safety of belt slip wont be there. somethings gunna give out. could be rotors could be the drive shaft could even be the belt. granted there is a intercooler in line to catch most of the shit that comes off the blower. but at the rate most of us spin these eatons that's honestly not going to do a whole lot. next thing in line is the heads valve and pistons...

its your choice.. i'll go with an idler set up

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Honestly Derek, when my blower locked up the NAPA belt held tight enough to kill the motor anyway. I had to cut the belt off of it to get home. The only thing I think would happen is it would tear the cogs off the belts.

Bootie

Established Member
I've always heard cogs are bad, but no one ever gave an explanation. I don't see a reason not to use one. Like Chris said, the worst that could happen is shreading the belt and if your running a no-slip upper pulley, that's going to happen anyway if the blower seizes.

That being said I'd probably give the aux. idlers a try first. I'm sure they'll do a fine job on a street truck.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
SnipeJDM said:
Like Chris said, the worst that could happen is shreading the belt .

I don't know for sure. I haven't read any horror stories of people running them though. Has anyone heard any? Derek, I understand your reasoning fully. I just wonder if there are any proven ill-effects.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
The only thing the cog setup is bad for is your wallet.
I don't think until you push some big numbers on boost (20#'s plus) the cog setup is going to help you. Spend your money else where if you want seat of the pants results.

Last edited:

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
i agree with thunder bolt.
its jsut expensive at 1k for pullies on a stock truck is alot. that could be a good suspension up grade check right there and you would be faster that a stock truck with the cog set up only.
so, until your going with big numbers, i would look at other options. IMO

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
i think its louder cause of the ribs on the pullies and the belt teeth. on video it sounds crazy loud when under the hood, and fly by's are awesome. but. you shoudl go to www.rpmoutlet.com and check out the cog set up and they have a link. just rememebr to turn down the sound...... lol. its all good if you can afford it. ehhe

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
bamaRed said:
i think its louder cause of the ribs on the pullies and the belt teeth. on video it sounds crazy loud when under the hood, and fly by's are awesome. but. you shoudl go to www.rpmoutlet.com and check out the cog set up and they have a link. just rememebr to turn down the sound...... lol. its all good if you can afford it. ehhe

Buy it from DblG.

Users who are viewing this thread