• RPM Outlet's No-Slip Cog Belt Setup

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Idler Setup 100mm, 92mm....etc

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greensvtcobra99

Established Member
I would like to get some opinions from people who have tried RPM Outlet's Non-slip cog belt setup. I have seen one and it has the unique whine at idle just like the video on rpmoutlet.com He says there is absolutely no belt-slip and that my combo 2.8/2lb lower with 100m idler/bracket is still losing power (slipping). He has the same exact mods as me and is putting down 550rwhp. Can this be true? Someone please fill me in with there experience. --jared--

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Regarding the crank issue... Is it possible that due to the huge load on the front of the crank from the blower/26lb damper, that the forged cranks are actually snapping? Yes. I received some info on this issue around a month ago though I wasn't sure what was actually causing the problem at that time.
You can also see this kind of problem with forged 4.6 cranks in cog driven supercharged applications. Simply too much load on the snout of the crank.

Avoid that cheet like the plague mang

spray175

Established Member
There was a thread about the cog setup about 2 weeks ago. Do a search. i heard they arent good for everyday driving. They sound nasty though!

Mystic03

Established Member
if u dont want to wait over a month for a product from rpmoutlet dont order anything from them.waited over a month in half for my exhaust still havnt gotten them. so i canceld and went with lethalperformance as of now im very happy with them.but well see how long it takes for my exhaust to get here :beer:

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I heard this system on a car last year, and it sounded awesome!! I asked Ron from Metco Motorsports about the "cog" on an 03/04 cobra? He responded very quickly, you don't want to run that on a street car!! It will cause major heartaches!! This is one of the reasons that Metco doesn't manufacture them for street applications. After hearing this from a very reputable person, I decided just to do the idler set-up!!

Users who are viewing this thread