Coffee Brews

PureStang

Established Member
I just recently gotten into drinking coffee as I never really liked the taste. I decided to try some at my buddy's place as we were working till the break of dawn on a project (don't know how I made it to my last semester of my senior year without this stuff). All he had was a non flavored Folgers coffee, a couple sugars and no milk, and I'll be honest, wasn't to bad.

When I was shopping for some coffee today, I got to wondering what other liked. Post up what flavors (or lack there of) that you like.

P.S. I am talking home-brewed coffee, not coffee you get at Dunken Donuts or Starbucks.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My girlfriend buys cafe bustelo. Sometimes it is in the ethnic/Latin section and sometimes mixed in with the other coffees. It's nice and strong. I drink mine black.

1Coffee%20(2).jpg

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Some supermarkets sell the one pot samplers. Start trying those.
Rule of thumb/Cliffs;
The longer the bean is roasted the more intense[ bitter to some] the flavor.
I like expresso/cuban coffee.
Have fun with it.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Coffee makers play a big roll in the quality of the brew IMO. Cuisinart coffee makers brew very hot, they make an excellent pot of coffee. Some of the cheaper makers just don't get the water hot enough as is passes over the coffee grinds. One of the best pots of coffee I ever brewed was with a camping percolator. It was so hot I had to let it cool down for 10 minutes before I could drink it!

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Coffee makers play a big roll in the quality of the brew IMO. Cuisinart coffee makers brew very hot, they make an excellent pot of coffee. Some of the cheaper makers just don't get the water hot enough as is passes over the coffee grinds. One of the best pots of coffee I ever brewed was with a camping purkulator. It was so hot I had to let it cool down for 10 minutes before I could drink it!

I agree. Go buy a coffee bean grinder, pick the beans of your choice, use distiller water, and you are set.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
Actually, you don't want a coffee maker that brews it too hot because it can burn the bean. That's why top end espresso machines are pump powered rather than steam powered. You want a good medium of temperature for good brewing. Also, a burr grinder is the best way to go. Grind up your beans right before brewing.

verbal

Established Member
The best whole bean or ground coffee I have had is Starbucks. I used to use a grinder and frenchpress but lately all I have been drinking are the Via packs. I can barely tell the difference. It takes me less than a minute to make my coffee in the morning and I have no cleanup.

Users who are viewing this thread