Code P219a

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
No I don't have a boss intake manifold. That's a mod im still on the fence about doing. Basically my next mods will be some drag rims and an aluminum D/S. the car made 431whp on a dyno jet at gulfcoast motor works in Bonita springs with 24 degrees of timing so I might just leave it at that for now. Amazon tuning also told me that they try to stay around 24 also but I guess every car is different.

Those are good numbers. Did you happen to get numbers before the Headers?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Anyone ever fully fix dtc P219A? Just started getting it after i switched over to e85 and the weather started getting in the 50's and 40's.

Since im a ford tech ive went throught the whole pinpoiny test and can not find anything wrong. Have zero leaks from thr exhaust and am just stumped with it.

Code has been coming on every 50 miles after a second cold start.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I've been getting the same issue on E85, and now and then on gas as well.
I've found on stock vehicles that the DTC is generated by excessive oscillation in the O2S11_CUR (and 21) pids which more often than not is an injector issue.
As you said though this code still pops pretty regularly even with the trim current holding steady in the bay- freeze frame data isn't much help.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yea been useing my car as the test subject lately for this code. Im swapping back to 91 this weekend for the winter to see if it changes. Even performed fuel system tests with the vmm and pvt and found no concerns.

So you have seen a leaking injector or stuck closed injector on a stock unit causeing it? I have only seen a handful of problems at the dealer on the 5.0's and never this code yet.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I've had a handful of bad injectors on truck 5.0's, none with Mustangs but we don't really have many come into the store.

1930ford

Established Member
Im thinking the combination of variable cam timing and scavenging(SP) of the long tube headders has something to do with this code. German cars have been "watching" crosscounts for years and now i beleive the 5.0 is doing it too. I have not found any lit. on what max/min crosscounts are but I know some BMW's will flag a lite at 57 counts when the minimum of 60 is required. I think Lund adjusts this sensitivity, Although I have no idea how. What do you think ?

Users who are viewing this thread